cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 wont turn on at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same exact issue. My watch started having issues with the battery (charging and holding a charge) which I first assumed was maybe the charger so I bought a new OEM charger. The problems still persisted. Next I bought a new battery and still had no change in my watch's issues.

To date, I cannot turn my watch on at all. The only time anything displays on the screen is when it is on the charger and it shows the charging battery percentage. When I hold the power button (for any length of time) it still will not turn on. Same thing when I hold both buttons. Additionally it will not turn on while off the charger as many people have stated in this forum. 

This seems to be an issue that is starting to plague S3 owners as their devices start to age. Considering the watch isn't exactly ancient technology, and Samsung markets themselves as a "premium" electronics company, this is really disappointing. 

Hoping to hear a fix for this issue sooner rather than later since there's no fun in having a $300 paperweight. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar issue here. 

Starting with the battery drain and switch off. The watch still able to be turned on during the charge on cradle. Tried to fix with rebooting method, but no luck.

After the battery replaced, the battery was charged from 50% to 100% as showed on screen. The cradle light also turned from red to solid green. When the watch on the cradle during the charging, the watch still light up with the % of battery status by pressing the back bottom. But nothing happened when pressing the home/power button. I've tried long press more than 30 seconds on power botton alone, long pressing both buttons, and pressing the buttons when the watch on cradle. But nothing power on the watch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here warranty went out August 2019 ....my husband and I have been using Samsung phones, watches and tv for years now but we work to hard for our money to buy things that want last ...i loved my watch but they are alot of money to replace

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried all the things list here and nothing...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2XZhGHDydc  Thank you for reaching out. Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number of the watch. I will be happy to assist you further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Generally, if the troubleshooting steps provided are ineffective, a service repair is recommended. You can send a private message with the full model code and the serial number of the watch and I will be happy to look into your options. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEW MOTHER BOARD REQUIRES from ebay

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So had the same issue and after reading this I decided to push both buttons at the same time it immediately came on resynced and everything 100% hope this works you guys stay safe and have a good one!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue as well.  Last night I tried to reboot the watch as the battery seemed to be abnormally draining.  I have to do this once a week or so.  Once the watch shut off.  I could not get it to restart.  I tried the normal power button.  No luck.  Both buttons.. nothing.  However if I toss it on a charger it seems fine.  I'm going to let it drain out.  i tried this once before a few years back when it did the same thing.. hopefully that works.  but is there any ideas of a fix?  Thanks.