cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 wont turn on at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you think that removing the battery and and then replacing with the same battery would be a fix as well ? Im just wondering if removing the power cell and then reinstalling lets the device reboot ?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All
I had the same problem. My watch, while in the charging cradle, would show a green light or 90%+ charged. I'd then take it off the cradle and the phone would immediately power down. Whenever I attempted to power it up, I'd see the 'rebooting' message then the phone would power down. I then left in the cradle, turn it on, and walked through the factory reset steps. Great, got that done, but the watch would still immediately turn off the second I'd take it off the charging cradle. I'm beyond the point of returning it and didn't get the insurance when I purchased the watch. I looked all over the place to find a place that would replace the battery, no dice.

So now I'm stuck with an expensive paper weight.

Then I stumbled across this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfb52LQpPA. Ordered the battery and tools from everyone's favorite online retail store. Three days later, I have my tools and the battery. Followed the steps on the video and bamm!! I have a working watch again.

This is a quick teardown of the gear s3 frontier. Sorry about the angle of video.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that this works too. The random shutdown and refusing to boot is related to the battery going bad. Just finished replacing it today after buying the iFixit tool kit and the battery from Amazon. 

So glad it worked! Assuming that I already had the required tools and just needed to buy the battery, I saved over $80 for repair/maintenance cost that I would have to pay if I had sent my watch in for repair!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, my S3 Gear won't turn on. The battery shows 100% charged on the charger, and the charger has the green light.

I've tried all the above mentioned possible solutions and none of them have worked. Out of desperation, I decided to change the battery, hoping that would fix it, but no luck. The watch is doing the same exact thing. The new battery came charged at 65%, so I waited until it was charged at 100% but the watch won't power on. I bought the watch a year and half ago and paid over $300. I sure got a bad deal with this Samsung watch.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user530wJR9Ki7 Can you send a PM here with your model and serial number of the watch?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier.

Battery drained and switched off. Charged fully to 100% and the watch did’nt turn on. Tried different tricks witch was suggested here in previous posts. If i put it on the charging dock then the loghtning logo comes on and after that it show’s 100% charged. After i take it off the dock the screen goes black and nothing happens.

I have been using this watch exactly 1 year and 1 day.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userku1vZCKezs Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  Just few days ago in won't turn on.  Watch shows it's 100% on the charger but won't turn on.  Samsung needs to do something about this issue.  Mine is just out of warranty and now I have an expensive useless watch.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar problem. 

I have gear s3 for a year and unfortunately, the warranty just expired. 

After I installed an update and the watch reached 0% and turned off, I am having difficulty turning on the watch. I tried the suggested steps to reboot the watch and unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in charging or turning on the watch.

If anybody has any suggestion, otherwise I will be throwing out the watch and probably buying the new Huawei watch 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZqVkajIQKj Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.