cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCZzPJqwU6b
Astronaut

Gear s3 wont turn on at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was an update when pressed to update it went dead and haven't been able to restart not even when I press the power button. I've tried holding not button down and nothing. Charging doc is flashing red when watch is supposed to charge. Pleas help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Gear s3 wont turn on at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this difficulty with your Gear S3.

I would suggest attempting to hard reset your device, you can do this by following these steps:

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn the Gear S3 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Home key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.

If this helps, please let us know!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

93 REPLIES 93
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this difficulty with your Gear S3.

I would suggest attempting to hard reset your device, you can do this by following these steps:

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn the Gear S3 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Home key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.

If this helps, please let us know!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user6CGyq0eWp5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can he reset it....if it won't turn on...or even boot? 

I have the same issue.

userEZ5QByqZGv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue - the gear 3 hasn't charged or turned on since December. I called support and they said it was a problem with the last update and that it "should" be fixed in a month or two. Still nothing.

VERY FRUSTRATING to have a watch you can't use for months.

userwfzMFh0fHa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is now almost april... ive had the same issue and no resoultion. Time to send the watch back in before my warranty expires. Samsung has always had some of the worst customer support of any company. 

Peter Wegner
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Meanwhile nearly for all Gear S3 devices are "inofficial" Orignal Stock Firmware floating around...

Flashable with netOdin...

I don't really understand why Gear S2 and S3 and S3+ ehm Sport...

Not more supported by Kies/Smart Switch... Server...

Security leads sometimes really to obscurity...

Okidoki. Gear Wearables have no USB cable... only WiFi... but why Firmware is not public...

Only to hide SPay cra..

Btw.

I agree.

In case of Tizen... Sa.sung support is absolue unterirdisch.

Similar to bada times...

Smiley Happy

Thanx to "Open" Source...

Best Regards

Peter Wegner
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh, forgotten.

To have chance to flash self...

Download Wireless have to be working.

In few cases it is possible to enter it via funny key combination... if boot loop.

In case of "frozen" Wireless screen... no chance without USB cable...

w.t.h is censored. I have learned few seconds ago.

Smiley Happy

Best Regards

useraewvBcABwS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem related to the fact that the watch has started draining battery very quickly in the last mont of August 2018, in a few minutes. Later I could not turn on the watch with the power button so I hard factory reset it in Recovery mode a few times, but after I start going through the setting process, the watch shuts down. Later I could not turn on the watch at all. I was able to charge the watch to 100%. So I factory reseted the watch while it was sitting on the charger and was able to start the watch. The problem is that the watch went from 100% charge to 70% in a few minutes without any activities, but just sitting on the table and then it shuted down by itself. I have this watch since February 2017 and it's out of warranty and Geek team at Best Buy told me to talk to Samsung since it's a software Tizen 3.0 issue. Samsung opened a case, but tells me to take it for a repair to a place that we don't even have in our aria. I am very disapointed how Samsung treats their customers and don't provides a software fix when it's clear it's a software issue and many, many customers facing similar problem lately. Shame on you Samsung by taking my $350 and don't stay behind your product.

user18DzHmO02C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was you able to fix this problem? Ive been having the same one

usercYDUH1Q6qm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue i'm having