Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear s3 wont turn on at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usert93fvChucW, Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried this troubleshooting article to resolve your concerns: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003100/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem as everyone else. Follwed all recommend steps and nothing. What the happened yesterday?

This is, and before asking me for a model number and serial number, look into my device list on Samsung website. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Trevor - 

I can get to to the recovery screen but when I move to recovery the watch just turns off...

Any other ideas on how to help? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesnt work and samsung should return every one if these. Over $300 down the drain 

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this difficulty with your Gear S3.

I would suggest attempting to hard reset your device, you can do this by following these steps:

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn the Gear S3 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Home key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.

If this helps, please let us know!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a try. It should help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to your link. That was a bunch of garbage spewed out just to say you responded with 'something'; a 'Cover Your Butt' response.  Stop telling us to send our watches for 'service' when it was clearly your software update that started this whole tragedy.  I'm not going to pretend i know everything or anything, but it seems to me that if a software issue caused the problem then it stands to reason another update should fix the problem.  I will concede this question/possibility: is there something that a servicing will do that only a physical service will fix this issue after your update that made all our watches worthless? Samsung's unwillingness to fully expain why this problem has happened and why there doesn't seem to be a fix only makes Samsung look EXTREMELY bad, and only accomplishes to create thousands of anti-Samsung consumers!!!!!!! I for one will never buy another watch made by Samsung!!!! Especially after that lame suggestion:  "Try this link".  What a joke!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue as all of you. My watch started dying after minutes and would not hold a charge. Now it shows fully charged but as soon as take it off the charger and turn it on it just dies. It shows the boot logo and turns off. I have tried the boot in revovery thing multiple times and it does not work. Of course its over a year old  and out of warranty. My only option is to send it away and have it repaired at my own cost. I think a $350 watch should last longer then a year and a half. I get that ist past the warranty time, but like many of you said, its their software update that caused this. If they know its a wide spread issue and not something we did they should fix or replace. This is dissapointing.  It was my favorate smart watch. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read this whole thread.  Have done all the troubleshooting as everyone above.  Still does not work and tech center won't help.   Had this watch for only a year and a half and it is out of warranty.  I paid $500 for mine as it's the stand alone LTE version.   What are my options?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice link...PAGE NOT FOUND!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Phone will NOT get out of bootloop. I'm thinking of filing a class action lawsuit. They were rude, and just like Apple they should be willing to fix the problem. I basically just gave Samsung $400 for nothing.