cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear sport cannot be updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I have used my gear sport with Huawei P20 for a while. Now there is a gear software update. The problem is my phone cannot transfer the software update to my watch. It transfers for 5% and then it stops. Then there is the pop up dialogue "Couldn't copy software update to your gear".  The pop up comes up all the time that is very annoying. Could you please give me some suggestion to resolve this problem?

Since I use my gear with Huawei P20, the phone and the watch didn't work well together. I cannot download any app or watch face in the galaxy wear app. I try to understand that they might not be as compatible as the samsung phone. So you could please also help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear sport cannot be updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Napapas; Thank you for providing me with that information. You can take the device to a Samsung Experience shop, inside a local Best Buy store. You can use the following locator in order to find the one closest to you. I would recommend calling ahead to verify they have a participating Samsung Experience shop first. You may also reach out to your local Ubreakifix at https://www.ubreakifix.com/   They may be able to assist you with a forced update. However, as you originally stated, the device may no longer be compatible. 

Locator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to factory reset of the watch yet?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I have tried to reset the gear and also tried uninstall and reinstall all the gear app. But it doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a standalone device or is it through your carrier?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have stand alone device. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Napapas You can update standalone watches without using the phone. Here is a link with steps on how to update the software of a standalone watch. http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=873606&modelname=&mo...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca Thank you for your advice. I have tried to follow your guide but in my watch there is no menu "update gear software" and " auto update apps". So I can't update the software on my watch. 

And also my problem is the gear app on my phone (Huawei P20) automatically downloaded the software update and it tried to transfer this update to the watch but  the transfering was failed. So I don't understand the problem why it failed, since every notification on my phone can be transfered to my watch normally except the software update.  And the phone has tried to automatically transfer the update all the time, so the pop up dialogue which shows the failed transfering words came up all the time on my phone. I can do nothing so I need to uninstall the gear app to stop this attempt of transfering.

Thank you for your help and I wish you could give me some suggestions. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Napapas Just to clarify, did you try uninstalling the gear app on your phone? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungJecca
I have reinstalled the gear app again after I read your suggestion and found that no menu update gear software on my phone. But nothing changes even if I have installed the app or not, there is no software update menu on my watch anyway.

Now I have to uninstall the app from my phone because I have to stop the dialogue box. But if you have any suggestion about this issue I will reinstall it again. Thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Napapas What options do you have when you go to Settings> Gear info on your watch?