JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not receiving notifications

(Topic created: 03-04-2020 06:22 AM)
userBbGGBeDR30
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The Bluetooth on my devices is always on. My Gear S3 Classic has suddenly been experiencing... I guess syncing issues? not really sure. I will be walking around at work it will tell me I have been idle and need to get moving (with my phone and watch on me so there is no desyncing). Notifications are wonky too; emails, texts, notifications from apps... sometimes they come through, sometimes they don't. 

Do I need to send my watch in to be serviced? I get all of the software/firmware updates and take care of my devices. I just want it to work the way it used to, this is a fairly recent issue. I wear a leather band and wear it snuggly on my wrist so it is not loose and moving around in case someone thinks that could be part of the fitness tracking issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Give this a try:

Go ahead and unpair the device from the Wearables app and Bluetooth.

Once unpaired, uninstall and reinstall the Wearables app on your phone.

Once reinstalled, add the watch again as if it was a new device.

Select allow when it prompts you about notifications.

Once reconnected to the phone, check within the wearables app and make sure the notifications are turned on for the watch.

Have someone send you a text or email to test and see if the notifications will come through and notify you properly.

Let me know if this helped!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Give this a try:

Go ahead and unpair the device from the Wearables app and Bluetooth.

Once unpaired, uninstall and reinstall the Wearables app on your phone.

Once reinstalled, add the watch again as if it was a new device.

Select allow when it prompts you about notifications.

Once reconnected to the phone, check within the wearables app and make sure the notifications are turned on for the watch.

Have someone send you a text or email to test and see if the notifications will come through and notify you properly.

Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
userBbGGBeDR30
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I wanted to test it out for a few days to make sure, and yes, this did (at least for now) fix the issues I was having with it not correctly/accurately tracking me.

Thank you for your assistance!

0 Likes