JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Heart Rate Light stopped working

(Topic created: 04-22-2020 06:59 AM)
userk1GJj3BiHB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro wereable. Last night the heart rate sensor light wouldnt stop flashing after i took the watch off so i turned the device off.

This morning i turned it on and the green light never went back on.

Performed usual reset, hard factory reset and still not working.

Every time i resetted Heart Beat measurements to "Always" but nothing has happened.

2 Replies
userYtAxOFvPU7
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having this same issue. It seems to have been an issue for a really long time (I've seen posts from 2018). It might be a software issue that Samsung never cared to solve. 

0 Likes
Solution
userk1GJj3BiHB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi  @userYtAxOFvPU7 

Solution here:

After several days of the sensor not working in any way, trying everything (resetting from settings menu, hard factory reset, discharging it to 0% and charging, resetting software version without updates, etc.) i decided it was time to get dirty and open up the watch.

Basically what i did was take out the 4 screws in the bottom, separate the two pieces (i had a hard time doing this) and finally, disconnected the battery from the motherboard and connected it back.

This seems to induce an even deeper reset than factory reset. In laptops with battery that you cant take out its the same, i have solved some software issues by opening it up, disconnecting the battery plug to the board and reconnecting.

After doing this to the watch and putting it back together, the sensor started working again.

Special Note: when I contacted Samsung Assist in my country they provided no solution like this one probably because it breaks guarantee. They should probably incorporate an on/off swith for the battery or design the product with a removable one (like old cellphones).

Tools Needed:

Set of small screwdrivers, i can send you some examples if you need it.