cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

Re: How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can the map be uploaded to Samsung Health?  I can barely see it on my Fit 2.

userLWeowqPgmI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So when I understand it correctly: the phone AND Gear Fit 2 need to be connected to show the Google Map?

I will try asap

@areynoldsnz wrote:

Instructions are in the answer on the first page of this thread:

You can activate the map feature on your Gear Fit 2. From the home screen, you should scroll to the left until you find the exercise option and select the activity type. Once you have selected the activity type, set target and turn on location. You will continue to scroll to the bottom until you see "view log." From here you will select the history of workout and scroll to the bottom for the map. 

Basically the map will be shown when you MANUALLY start an exercise, not for automatically detected exercise sessions. After you have completed your exercise you scroll down to "view log", select your manually activated exercise session, scroll all the way to the bottom of that and you will see a map. The map picture shows up for me when my watch is connected to my phone and I have internet data available, I have a Samsung phone with S Health installed and the Gear app, not sure if that is required for getting the map to display on the watch.

userm8c2Byv8VJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the latest software update GPS mapping does not work even if enabled in each exercise chosen

usereZnwkKAdSo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This one is the key!!! You must manually start the exercise!!
userLWeowqPgmI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue here, not with Iphone, but with Samsung S7 Edge... NO Google Map showing of the result but also not whem I am walking. Not when I have started it manually neither automatic. :-(

userjJOAXLhR4u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes my fit2 register all data from the excercise but they don't show  the map on log

.. i don know why... can any Help me ? 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone have any suggestions here?  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpisjwyeIBm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have tried all the solutions detailed in the thread, and the map never shows up.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Highlighted
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can I view the map on my phone in Samsung Health?

usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergmFaevxFQW wrote:

How can I view the map on my phone in Samsung Health?

The map does show up on my phone, I had to click on Walking, and then Walking again at the bottom of the screen.   That could be a little less buried I think.