cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruekyZywNxU
Constellation

Re: How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally figured out why the map only shows up sporadically. I've been using it during the winter. No, cold doesn't affect it. Long Sleeves Do. I wore a short sleeved shirt and the map showed up three days in a row. I wore it again today with a long sleeved shirt, but made sure the shirt didn't cover the GF2P. worked again.

The problem is that the GF2P GPS radio isn't strong enough to catch a good continuous signal when a garment covers it - Even just a shirt, like a Carhartt

I live in Vermont. I guess I'll just have to retire my GF2P for the winter, and unfortunately the winters are long here. Of course I could wear the GF2P on the outside of my coat and gloves, but that defeates the purpose of having a heart rate monitor which needs to be flush to your skin. The HRM is the reason I purchased it.

My Samsung phones GPS have always worked when worn in an outside pocket. I just assumed the GF2P GPS would work through the sleeve of a shirt. Unfortunately it doesn't. Apparently it works just enough to provide occasional location info for pace, etc. but it doesn't provide a map when covered by a long sleeve shirt.

userTL4zhjr3JS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As you probably already know, if you install Samsung S Health on your phone and sync with your Gear Fit 2, you can vew your routes on a map on that much larger device.

usereZnwkKAdSo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't show up on mine either

usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find the map on Samsung Health although other stats regarding my walk recorded by my Fit 2 show up.

Highlighted
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergmFaevxFQW wrote:

I can't find the map on Samsung Health although other stats regarding my walk recorded by my Fit 2 show up.

The map does show up on my phone, I had to click on Walking, and then Walking again at the bottom of the screen.   That could be a little less buried I think.

usersBhiJmmoMH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use "Run with Mapmyrun" app. While exercising swipe all the way to the right to see alive map with GPS trail. 

userGkIFIfryef
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersBhiJmmoMH That did the trick. Thank you for posting.

Just keep in mind, you need to have your phone with you for the map to show up on your Gear Fit2. It still tracks you without the phone and you can view the maps on your phone afterward. But to see the actual live tracking map on your Gear, you need to have your phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGkIFIfryef Glad you were able to get that resolved!

Brick Top
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can see the map on my iPhone, using the dedicated Samsung Health app, not the one included in the Gear Fit app.  It's a little confusing!

I have a Geat Fit 2, and have been using the Gear Fit app on my iPhone which includes a "slimmed down" version of the Samsung Health app.  Within this version, if you click on say the walking tile, and then click on the particular walk, you'll see detail of that walk, along with duration, pace, speed etc, but no map!

If you now download the dedicated Samsung Health app from the App store, log in and let it sync, you'll see exactly the same walk.  Click on the walk and you'll get all the detail as before, but now you'll see extra detail such as heart rate charts, splits, along with the much discussed map!

It's very confusing and I have no idea why there is a slimmed down verison of the Samsung Health app bundled with the Gear Fit app.  Why not include all the detail???

userw1a59lGMqW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having this issue (it seems to be fairly widespread in the user community actually). Finally solved it today.

Samsung mentions, very quietly, in the user manual that "If your phone is paired with your [Gear Fit 2 Pro], the watch will use the phone's location services to track your progress for greater precision."

What it doesn't mention with that, is that it won't record your track itself, neither will Samsung Health. To get the maps to appear on your phone, you have to either turn bluetooth off on the phone, or leave the phone at home.

I'm not certain if this is by design, or if it's a bug. If it's the former, it's bad design and should be fixed, if it's the later it should be fixed faster.

Actually data sharing between Samsung Health and the Gear Fit series should be completely two way, which it isn't and should be implemented as well.