Original topic:

How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

(Topic created: 06-01-2019 12:25 AM)
Phobia12
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello all.. 

I'm in the need of some assistance with my fit2. I see this image on Samsung's site for the fit2. It has this map on it.  It round about talks about it... And was a huge selling factor when pitching these watches to my all powerful spouse.  I've looked up and down for this feature.  I've searched the Samsung app store.. And on Google search.  I need to find this map... or route tracker display.. or gps map.  What ever it is.  It's driving me nuts.  Please please help.. break it down Barney style for me.  It's  gonna help both me and my wife out. And i could use the brownie points.  I have gps activated, as well as wifi and blue tooth. But can't find this map. 

Note Samsung... if you're gonna put this epic picture on the box.. you gotta make it easier to locate.  Cause perception is it's better than the rest.. And all I've found is its more accurate than my original fit.. And i like the bluetooth Spotify aspect.  Where's the map!!!!!

0 Likes
62 Replies
userw1a59lGMqW
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Sorry, that should say "To get your maps to appear on your watch, you have to either turn off Bluetooth on the phone, or leave the phone at home."

I'm 98% certain that the issue stems from one way communication from the Fit to the phone but not back.
0 Likes
userw1a59lGMqW
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Last edit, sorry.

The map itself won't appear under the track until you're done with the walk and re-enable Bluetooth on the phone. Then the track will show up as the Gear pulls the map data from Google.

Also, yes in order to get navigation you need to download a new app/watch face to at least the fit, if not the fit and phone. The default is only tracking for workouts.
0 Likes
n1cks
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm onto my second Gear Fit2 Pro, and both haven't displayed a map.   I tried all the tricks such as ensuring active bluetooth & internet connnections. 

However, I'm using the Fit2 Pro with an iPhone. 

From reading this thread, I gather the maps don't work for Fit2 Pro devices paired to iOS.  The maps only seem to work for Fit2 Pro devices pair to Samsung/Android. 

Of interest, the Gear Fit2 Pro uses Here WeGo maps rather than Google (when working that is). 

Screen capture:  bit.ly/Fit2Pro_JPEG

0 Likes