Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phobia12
Astronaut

How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all.. 

I'm in the need of some assistance with my fit2. I see this image on Samsung's site for the fit2. It has this map on it.  It round about talks about it... And was a huge selling factor when pitching these watches to my all powerful spouse.  I've looked up and down for this feature.  I've searched the Samsung app store.. And on Google search.  I need to find this map... or route tracker display.. or gps map.  What ever it is.  It's driving me nuts.  Please please help.. break it down Barney style for me.  It's  gonna help both me and my wife out. And i could use the brownie points.  I have gps activated, as well as wifi and blue tooth. But can't find this map. 

Note Samsung... if you're gonna put this epic picture on the box.. you gotta make it easier to locate.  Cause perception is it's better than the rest.. And all I've found is its more accurate than my original fit.. And i like the bluetooth Spotify aspect.  Where's the map!!!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Phobia12,

We are happy to see you actively participating in our community. You can activate the map feature on your Gear Fit 2. From the home screen, you should scroll to the left until you find the exercise option and select the activity type. Once you have selected the activity type, set target and turn on location. You will continue to scroll to the bottom until you see "view log." From here you will select the history of workout and scroll to the bottom for the map. 

62 REPLIES 62
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Phobia12,

We are happy to see you actively participating in our community. You can activate the map feature on your Gear Fit 2. From the home screen, you should scroll to the left until you find the exercise option and select the activity type. Once you have selected the activity type, set target and turn on location. You will continue to scroll to the bottom until you see "view log." From here you will select the history of workout and scroll to the bottom for the map. 

Kahtana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, it doesn't show you where you are going, or how to get there, it merely shows you where you have already been?

Jpsitof
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct.  So annoying.  Real time update of the map would be great.  

userbw8IhuUPUd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i read about that also, you have to download a navigation app, do not remember which one now, and it transfers the directions to your gear pro.  look online, that's where i saw it i believe or in the manual on the gear app.

JSchadewalt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have logged several runs, gone into the logs and there is never a map. my wife and I did a run together, her GF2 showed the map, mine did not. all setting on both devices are the same. any reason the map isnt showing on my device? it tracks everything else just fine.

areynoldsnz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that the "auto" feature doesn't show a map. Did you manually start your run?

usereZnwkKAdSo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still can't get it on mine either.

tscribner
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no map at the bottom.  Now what?

userVbbA3tnOF0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the fit2 has to be connected to an android phone to access a shot of the map Smiley Sad