cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done whatever was said to get the map but still can't find it. switched on the location (GPS) from settings and from the exercise. i did set the target then completed it but after completing viewed the log and scrolled down but couldn't find the map. I think I did a very big mistake by buying the GF2.I got attracted by its GPS feature and decided to buy it.

totally disappointed by Samsung.😔

HELP ME!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the map will only show up at the bottom of the scroll after you have synced to your phone in samsung health...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

can you upload a created route and start to run it ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I still don’t see it. After I scroll down, I only see the exercises that I had previously done, no kap
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUYCKznj5M4: Just to confirm, on your mobile phone if you go to Settings> Apps> Samsung Gear> Permissions do you have location enabled?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry, but my map is not there. I have owned the gear fit 2 over a year now, and still can’t find the map. This was the main reason I bought this tracker. My map is not below the logs; there’s nothing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userUYCKznj5M4 just to confirm, are the Location settings enabled? Can you also provide the exact model code of the watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a valid solution for me. With location on, maps quit working on my downloaded run. It doesn't appear on the watch nor the phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The map has only registered twice on my GF2P out of 10 walking sessions. Location is turned on. My sessions record speed/pace, distance walked while gaining/losing elevation (called total ascent and descent when recorded to Samsung Health app), but no map - except for the two times. Since speed and elevation change are recorded I have to assume the GPS is working. I have made sure that location is turned on in GF2P. (Model No. SM-R365,  Software R365XXU2CRC7,  Serial No. RSAJB0EBE3R)

Two images are attached from the Samsung Health app of walking sessions on successive days. One with a map and an elevation graph and the other without either. As both show, the data is from the GF2P. I'm sending the Health app screenshots because they are easy to capture on the Samsung phone. The workout screens on the GF2P reflect the maps shown on the Health app.

Of the two times the map is present, only one shows a graph of elevation included with the graphs of speed and heart rate. I live in Northern Vermont so elevation gain/loss is a way of life in workouts.  I am quite disappointed that the elevation information along with the map of the route is so sporadically recorded.

What may be causing the loss of information, besides a poor GPS in the watch?Map & Elev.jpgMapless.jpg