cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: How do I locate the "map" feature on Gear Fit2

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry, that should say "To get your maps to appear on your watch, you have to either turn off Bluetooth on the phone, or leave the phone at home."

I'm 98% certain that the issue stems from one way communication from the Fit to the phone but not back.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Last edit, sorry.

The map itself won't appear under the track until you're done with the walk and re-enable Bluetooth on the phone. Then the track will show up as the Gear pulls the map data from Google.

Also, yes in order to get navigation you need to download a new app/watch face to at least the fit, if not the fit and phone. The default is only tracking for workouts.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm onto my second Gear Fit2 Pro, and both haven't displayed a map.   I tried all the tricks such as ensuring active bluetooth & internet connnections. 

However, I'm using the Fit2 Pro with an iPhone. 

From reading this thread, I gather the maps don't work for Fit2 Pro devices paired to iOS.  The maps only seem to work for Fit2 Pro devices pair to Samsung/Android. 

Of interest, the Gear Fit2 Pro uses Here WeGo maps rather than Google (when working that is). 

Screen capture:  bit.ly/Fit2Pro_JPEG