cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I NEED TO FIND A SAFE WAY TO CHARGE MY GEAR S3 FRONTIER SMARTWATCH FROM MY CAR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GOT MY GEAR S3 A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND NEED TO KNOW HOW SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS CHARGING IT FROM MY CAR.

I PURCHASED AN EXTRA SAMSUNG CHARGiNG CRADLE.

I CONSIDERED SIMPLY PLUGGING THE USB END OF THE WIRELESS CHARGER CABLE DIRECTLY INTO THE USB PORT IN MY CAR WHILE PLUGGING THE SMALL END OF THE WIRELESS CHARGER CABLE INTO A SPARE WIRELESS CHARGING CRADLE.

WILL THE AMPERAGE/VOLTAGE BE ADEQUATE TO SUPPORT THE CHARGING CRADLE?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: I NEED TO FIND A SAFE WAY TO CHARGE MY GEAR S3 FRONTIER SMARTWATCH FROM MY CAR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jeez Smiley Happy

Any 5 watt / 1 amp charger will suffice if charging just the watch on its own, ideally just buy a decent make of dual output charger, something like an Anker and ideally a model that supports 2 amps per outlet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I NEED TO FIND A SAFE WAY TO CHARGE MY GEAR S3 FRONTIER SMARTWATCH FROM MY CAR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It depends on if the car charger supports the Amperage/Voltage that the charger requires. We are unable to speculate on the compatibility of third party devices. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Considering that when you buy an additional Samsung charging dock, and it doesn't come with a cable or charging brick, we really need some speculation on what type of 3rd party devices are ok to use, wouldn't you agree? Which is more important when charging my Galaxy watch? The charging dock, or the charging brick?

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jeez Smiley Happy

Any 5 watt / 1 amp charger will suffice if charging just the watch on its own, ideally just buy a decent make of dual output charger, something like an Anker and ideally a model that supports 2 amps per outlet.

View solution in original post