JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I can no longer set do not disturb on my phone only

(Topic created: 05-26-2019 05:09 PM)
userDmD5AVtMxd
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Before the last Gear S3 update, I would leave my phone in do not disturb mode, but not have do not disturb on my watch. 

This way, I would get no notifications on my phone, and only in my watch, BUT if one of the contacts that I have whitelisted calls me, the phone would still ring. 

This was an ideal set up for me.

After the last Gear S3 update, if you turn on do not disturb on one device, it turns it in for both phone and watch. If you turn it off on one device, it turns it off on both.

This is a problem for me, and I can't believe I'm the only one.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usersVAVdBi1bZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had the same problem in the past couple of days and I think I have figured out the solution for this issue. There is an option called Sync phone settings in Samsung Galaxy app. When you click on it you will find two options. The first one is Sync  Do not disturb. Just turn it off and you will be able to turn do not disturb mode on one device while still have it off on the other same as before the last update. Hope this will help solve this issue for you. Good luck. 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
usersVAVdBi1bZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had the same problem in the past couple of days and I think I have figured out the solution for this issue. There is an option called Sync phone settings in Samsung Galaxy app. When you click on it you will find two options. The first one is Sync  Do not disturb. Just turn it off and you will be able to turn do not disturb mode on one device while still have it off on the other same as before the last update. Hope this will help solve this issue for you. Good luck. 

userDmD5AVtMxd
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Fantastic! Thank you!

0 Likes
usersVAVdBi1bZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You're welcome. I am glad I could help. 

0 Likes
userSJ45Roj4gt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you. It worked for me 

0 Likes
userpP1buCuBF3
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you so much. My watch stopped turning my phone and watch on dnd at the same time and couldn't figure out why and now it's fixed. Ty again. I love that it does that for me. 

0 Likes
userz0dqABRltY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This no longer works or does not work on my very expensive Active 2 watch. My phone is on DND and my watch is receiving notifications but not vibrating. I also like the set up of my phone on DND and only the important stuff being sent to my watch and the really important stuffing breaking the DND rules. But I can no longer do that despite spending almost $300 on a watch. The DND sync is turned off through Galaxy Wearable and the watch is set to vibrate. Notifications appear but do not vibrate. 

0 Likes
userk7fKUzvLv4
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you very much, I have been looking for this for a while. It was a huge help.

0 Likes
userEMPVNlfDaH
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Unfortunately for those of us who don't have a Samsung phone, that option is gone. Yet another punishment for not sticking solely with their products... Just like the spotify deal. 

0 Likes
userz0dqABRltY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

If this works it solves half of my problem. I do want certain apps to make noise on my phone. I had it set up perfectly by allowing certain apps to violate DND and certain apps to send to my watch.

0 Likes