cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I just had to dust off my old gear2 because of the gear3

I found myself charging up my old Gear2 watch because neither of my gear3 (frontier & classic) will stay on since the latest update that seem to have caused this problem. If I put my gear3's on the original chargers they base lights red & watch green ring & bolt appear then battery status is shown, both show around 95%. At the point on the charger shows battery status i can turn on the watch, this is the only time they turn on & as soon as they get removed from charger they have i few moments then a quick screen glitch & they are off. I've reset it all, uninstalled it all & no fix. Both watches are pristine & were purchased at different times. These problems started after the latest update. 1st it was battery drain & sluggish then the issue above began. Samsung wants watches sent in for repairs even though two watches are effected. On the somewhat positive side,  the gear2 charged up & connected to the new gear app & works like new. Anyone else have any problems like this 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: I just had to dust off my old gear2 because of the gear3

yeah right now my watch drains in half a day of an 8 hour shift when it use to last 3 days before I needed to charge it. so change in watch face or settings.
Highlighted
Asteroid

So I just took off my old gear2 watch & I've been wearing it since 6am, what is going on with these gear3 watches.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I forgot to mention that the battery was at 75% after all that time on.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm on day 3 with my gear2 watch & the battery is still @ 25% since a full charge was done on the 18th in the AM. I still cannot get either of these gear 3's I own to stay on when they are removed from their chargers. when I put them back on the chargers they read 95 to 100% battery as well. chargers lights red till 100% then turns green like they should. 700$ worth of paper weights @this point. Anyone else seeing any problems like this. my 6+ yr old gear2 works perfect & 2yr old gear3's not working since the latest updates