cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightrider
Asteroid

IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey anyone having this issue? I'll be using my earbuds for about 20 minutes in the gym and then all of a sudden the left ear drops volume at 75%. its HORRIBLE! I called support several times and even their troubleshooting hasn't fixed it.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kefinnigan
Constellation

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue in my left earbud and I resolved it!!

I would post a picture but I dont know how on mobile so stay with me here as I explain.

The Samsung representative said this earlier in the thread but hear me out. 

Take out all the contents in your Gear IconX box. In it should be a small rectangular box with a bag. Inside the bag there will be a brush with a metal tang, mesh replacements, and a piece of paper. Unfold piece of paper and what do you see??A solution to to our problems!!

Follow the steps on the piece of paper.

Get the brush/tang and remove mesh and glue. Use the tang to get a new mesh from the mesh replacements and gently place it back. 

These instructions are literally in the box. They gave us the tools to do it so I'm 100% sure this won't void the warranty. This worked for me it went hurt trying it yourself. 

118 REPLIES 118
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfdhy08tho4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes! Today my headset began having this issue. I purchased them 5 days ago and now I have really low volume in the left earbud. First I noticed static and the the volume went low. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
usergUh2ZfjTI2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. But now both earphones go to low volume.

userMa5MBWf4us
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had my gear iconx 2018 buds now for 2 days. The left Bud plays music some of the times. None of the tapping function works on the left side at all. I'm returning them for replacement with Amazon.
userfdhy08tho4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have been testing my device and have found that this issue happens when listening to music with the Ambient Sound activated. When I reset my IconX2018s and leave the Ambient Sound deactivated, they work like normal. I hope this helps someone else.
user1bsEiPOhVT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you reset it thru the earbud itself or from the Gear app?My right earbud gets lower sound.Been 2 days.At first both sounds equal but after 2-3hrs the right earbud gets lower sound.I've been activating the ambient sound most of the time.

usertRHF0y2Pml
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having this issue as well, left ear piece is like 50% of the volume compared to the right one. It is driving me insane!!!

I have reset multiple times but no luck. i basically use it to play music I've transferred to it, but have tried playing from bluetooth  but it shows the same problem.

Can't really ask for a new piece because I moved to Argentina. This is so frustrating, they are so expansive to even have this kind of - what looks like to me - such basic requirement not working: play the exact same thing.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks!

Just checking in to see if everyone has tried the steps over on THIS thread.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Renardo888
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Viv,

The steps in that thread, just like many other threads I've seen by many other users having this very common issue, essentially violates the warranty, and has the potential of permanently damaging the tip of the earbud. "Soaking the tip in warm water" and "removing the screen" shouldn't be a suggestions in the first place, much less one that Samsung encourages to fix systemic manufacturing and design defects. 

Just a week after getting my replacement pair, they started showing the same problem as the first. Same as all the users reporting this for nearly 4 months without a fix. Two days later both earbuds lacked proper volume. And I mean 20% of max volume with any of my devices maxed. I've tried cleaning the tip with alcohol since its fairly safe. That didn't work. Resets, charging, Samsung support, none of them work. So for these forums to resort to these suggestions tells me a third attempt with a new pair isn't worth it.