cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIajKt8JIY2
Astronaut

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This certainly works.....I took out the black filter and the white filter and the sound was back to normal.  This was driving me crazy before. However I cleaned both filters and put them back in and the volume is back to normal. 

Marlon 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIajKt8JIY2; Thank you for sharing that with us!

useroZryb8FSlH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I was in the camp that did want to remove the white membrane permanently, however I tried it and the sound difference is night and day. The soundset went from being quite low to too loud (because I has everything set at max level).

In order to not remove the white membrane permanently I went ahead and pinned a thin sowing needle through it. This created a tiny hole (barely visible) and when I put everything back together the sound was coming through loud and clear. 

I now enjoy crisp clear, and loud audio as it should have been from the start.

NB

I noticed that resetting the earbuds does indeed align the sound level of the right and left earbud when it occasionally happens that one is loude than the other.. 

NBNB

In addition you must on a regular basis clean the black mesh for earwax, sweat,  etc. This creates a sticky "layer" that significantly reduces the sound level.

user35tXHTWd7z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks I was just about to return these ear buds... I've only had mine for 4 days and almost no sound came out the right ear after like 2 uses, but punching a tiny hole in the white membrane did the trick. Thanks 

userGi6LTGOhJO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you I thought that I broke mine but when I took the white thing off it became louder and sumwhat scared me.

userXpNYTlqbeg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, tried everything, nothign changed. Very disappointed.

If Samsung will not look inot this, I would lose my trust. 

I am already feeling bad on the situation on S8 and S9 battery , it work until 12-1 pm and I need to charge it again. 

How come they came with this batteries if Tesla already producing cars that runs 500+ km on batteries and my Samsung S9 only hold power for 4-5 hours.....

userM6bmwdnUk7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happens to me often and it's really annoying... Anyone have a solution? 

user3Fys1xDbHc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's that the White film...  Poke a tiny hole in it and it is world changing 

user1sYxiNw8L4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My right earbud is super low

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1sYxiNw8L4; Have you had a chance to try any of the troubleshooting tips provided in the thread?