cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMKxUnqA6nw
Astronaut

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know about the kit but I removed the mesh and white moisture block and glue circles "extremely hard to see" I repositioned them the best that i could. Full volume again. 

I think  the glue pads are oozing gue onto white moisture block paper and blocking sound. 

As soon as I removed the white paper, I had full volume. So I think the white paper moisture block is absorbing the glue is the problem. I cleaned the white paper with lens cleaning towlett and no prob.

Now whether or not the screen and paper stay put remains to be seen. If not, I'm not going to replace and use them with out.

My two cents.

user6nQpKPyQ79
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me. My reduction in sound was due to build up on the earbud tip.

I removed both the black mesh and the white film covering the tip of the earbud, cleaned both and re-inserted them and the sound was back to 100%.

Samsung probably noticed this could occur and included replacements in the original box.

user5AXH5D5Kvs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Removing the white paper worked!!!!  I might try replacing the white paper myself using a bit of coffee filter paper.

Here is what I tried before your suggestion:

1.  resetting the earbuds....magic button under the ear spring thingy, and reinstalling Galaxy wear app....didn't fix.

2. cleaned the black mesh....didn't fix.

3. replaced black mesh......didn't fix.

G Brown
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank You, this worked for me and resolved my issue!!

userRA1wqV8i0L
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Replaced the mesh. Problem solved. Pretty simple. Thanks!
user6X7RdWJtBw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. I finally fixed them with your help

userQWRRiLzMNY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, the small box in the box the icon x came in is empty...

usercSSETnzAiY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, i was listening to music when suddenly the volume is one earphone went down and never went back to normal. as it happened while i was listening to music and in one instant i never thought the solution would be to just clean or change the mesh. it worked perfectly after i changed the mesh.

user2UEFIpL1Du
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are a life saver! Thanks for the info :-)

user3dsPt6AwXT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if the boxes are the same in France but I just bought them from Costco so I think it came from the USA... I don't know what thing you are talking about but I definitely don't have that in my box I just checked that out. I had them since a few days,  I wasn't doing anything and the volume dropped in the right earbud. I already cleaned it and I don't know what to do anymore, but I also restarted my phone to see if the problem was from there, I charged the earphones, I let them rest in the charging box but nothing works and it really starts to annoy me.