JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Level U Headset hard reset

(Topic created: 01-18-2017 05:23 PM)
LeahTN79
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My headset has stopped charging and will not turn on. I've tried charging through different outlets and it's still dead in the water. I reached out to Samsung via chat and the guy I spoke to was less than helpful.  Is there a hard reset for the EO-BG920 headset or some other trick that might kickstart it? I've had these things barely six months, they've not suffered any damage, and don't even use them that often, so I'm not too pleased at the moment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user7p3BZWtYoS
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, I posted on here earlier and did some more research and found this which resolved my issue. Hopefully it helps you as well.

Hold down the "Talk" button on the Samsung Bluetooth headset until that button is solid and not flashing, which should take roughly three seconds. This places yourheadset in Pairing mode. Hold down both of the volume buttons on the Samsung Bluetooth headset.

View solution in context

182 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello there, @LeahTN79. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

To reset the Level U headset, please try the following:

• Make sure the headset is off.
  • Press and hold the volume key. Press and hold the power key. 
  • Release both buttons.
  • Press the power button to turn on the headset again.

If that doesn't help, please let us know!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LeahTN79
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for your response.  It's still not turning on.  I've tried every possible combination of holding those buttons and flipping the switch I can think of, just in case.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hmm, sorry to hear about that! It seems there might be a fairly major problem there. I know you mentioned that they weren't used all that often and shouldn't have experienced any liquid or physical damage. Considering the age of them and the good condition they sound like they're in, this could be something to have sent in for an exchange. They should still be under warranty. Alternately you can always talk to the place of purchase and see if they have any options that you'd prefer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LeahTN79
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How would I go about doing that? I spoke to someone on Samsung chat who mentioned that but was not very helpful. He wanted the serial number and when I gave him every number on the headset, he kept saying "please give me the correct information". I was not impressed by his tone and he would not tell me where else it might be. 

I purchased them from Sam's. Based on my transaction history, it appears they were purchased on Jun 27, 2016, but I no longer have the receipt. What then are my options? 

SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So for an accessory exchange through Samsung directly, you would need a receipt and that serial number. While the serial number is often on the box, it should also be on the device itself. However, it might be very small. To get the receipt, you would need to reach out to Sam's and see if they can print out a new one for you. Hopefully they still can, even after this length of time. The receipt should also have the serial number which would save you from having to look elsewhere. Once you have both, you can reach out to Samsung directly, either through chat again, or even over the phone, and get that exchange set up.

LeahTN79
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Found it. Sam's has their in-store receipts online now. Purchase date was actually 08/06/16. There is no serial number on the receipt and I threw away the box. I'm listing all of the information printed on the headset itself below.  I've even gone so far as to shine a flashlight over every part of the headset to make sure there's not something obscure or small or that only shows up in direct light. Can you please let me know of the info below is the serial number and if not, where else it might be located? I see nothing else and becuase it's not starting up, I cannot pair it with my phone and find the serial number through my phone. If I can't figure out a way to find the serial number, I'll have no choice but to just trash it because it's too late to return to Sam's. Their return policy is 90 days.

EO-BG920

FCC ID: A3LEOBG920

IC: 649E-EOBG920

SV: 200mA

RSOHZ

Fabrique in Chine

Concu par Samsung

Made in China

Designed by Samsung

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Oh awesome! With that receipt and the info you gave me, you should be able to have that set up. That first bit of info "EO-BG920" is the first part of the serial number actually! The full thing should be EO-BG920BFEBUS. I hope that helps you out and you can get that exchange set up now.  🙂

0 Likes
userFDttpqEUQK
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have been trying to register my Level U, but the site keeps asking for the serial number.

there is no serial number on the device.

0 Likes
adeyinka
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

HERE IS MY OWN MODEL NO EO-BG920BWEGWW AND SERIAL NO RF7J218LWWTYVS , MY LEVEL U IS ON AND SHOWING THE BLUE LIGHT AND NOT CONNECTING I HOLD THE PAIRING BUTTON FOR 3 SEC BUT IT CHANGE THE LIGHT TO PUPPLE, PLS HELP ME TO SOLVED IT

0 Likes