cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Message app not on my gear s3?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5FXCLCzWCU: What mobile device do you have connected to the Gear S3? 

userDbcjBNXJvV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem using my Moto Z Force. If you are with Verizon STOP using the BS Message+ app. Use google messenger, you can reply to messages and look at the whole conversation. But only while the message notification is up. So you cant open it unless you get another notification. Hope it helps. I was really upset when mine wasnt working either. 

userzMTbJySbpA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please check on the HTC 10Smiley Sad

userrwdfJuv2nV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When paired with a Nexus 5x the app doesn't show but I can respond when notifications decide to show a text was received.

uservh21bCt1xq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 2 chats with support and 1 phone call and being told it was a defect and send it back, to it just won't work, I got texts and emails working on the HTC10. I connected to my wifes phone which required a light reset and didn't have messages then. After connecting back to my phone and another light reset, the option on setup for notifications had messages, emails and pretty much every app on my phone, just had to scroll down to see them.

userrPcfvGvDOJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, when you go to the app wheel on your gear s3, connected to your HTC 10, you now see app icons for messaging and email?  And if you receive a text can you reply through your watch?  If so I definitely want to understand the specific steps you took...

userDgZHwAeeHY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did you by chance get everything set with the watch and HTC 10? I have both now and I can't reply to texts but I can messenger and I still have to have my phone close to use the watch. Have I done something wrong?

userEqRN9EOpJR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank good I just bought my watch. I still have the option to deliver it back to the store!! You only have some limited options when using other android's than Samsung!! So disappointed than I can't have my text messages on it! No Mather if it's Facebook message, watch app or my ordinary SMS. Shame on you Samsung, shame on you. Back to the shop and never again!

@userDgZHwAeeHY wrote:

did you by chance get everything set with the watch and HTC 10? I have both now and I can't reply to texts but I can messenger and I still have to have my phone close to use the watch. Have I done something wrong?

Highlighted
userFCq9nh462o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm finally getting text notifications on my android phone (LGV30)... Bought watch Tuesday. Was within hours of taking it back today.  Googled everything I could.  Thanks to posts from many others, I settled on one last try.  I went into my Samsung Gear app within the settings on my phone and selected Storage and then Clear Data.  I had to redo everything setting up the watch.  I then switched my watch face to Deluxe Free Edition (12 hour), which includes a text widget on the face.  I had settled on using the Android Messages app for SMS on my phone .  I did all this last night seemingly without success. I put my watch on charger and went to bed.  I put watch on this morning to try anything at this point one last time, but was prepared to take it back to Costco because I received a reply to a message I sent to Samsung.  They said there is no way to add the text widget and no way to get text messages on a non-Samsung phone.  Anyway, I started getting text messages this morning and can see the conversation on the watch.  Frustrating to say the least to have to go through this much trouble.  Samsung should have the answer by now, not telling users that its not possible. 

userb0PFmap8mB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Moto G 4th Gen phone. and  Gear s3 Classic.  This Deluze Free Edition watch face does appear to be giving me access to my messages.  I installed Textra (as mentioned in a prevous post) and that did not work.  I also purchased a watch face called MD77 which did nothing.  Probably a ploy to get .99 cent out of me, haha).  

I dont have access to all the messages which is slightly weird.  Maybe they need to download.  Will let you folks know.