cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Message app not on my gear s3?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an Xperia Z3 paired with my S3 frontier, not for much longer πŸ˜€, to get to and write new sms messages I load a watch face (MD87 in this instance) which immediately loads up existing messages, and allows me to reply to them or compose a new message.

Without that watch face I cannot access sms, it’s a shameful push to have the Samsung smart watch owners buy a Samsung phone, very little point in doing so until Samsung sort out the integration between their phones and watches which is currently very below par...... 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as this person. The Messages app is not on my Gear S3 Frontier. Samsung support is worthless. They just keep giving me directions on where to find the app. I don't know how many times I have to tell them it is not there. Never has been. One of the main reasons I got this watch. Were you able to resolve your problem?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on my ZTE Zmax Pro. I get a notification but no messages app so I can't reply or see a conversation. 

I was annoyed that I couldn't use the Uber app touted on the homepage because I don't have a Galaxy, but not having proper text support is ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've noticed that in the notification of my text it literally has the whole conversation in that notification once I press read more. In between each reply there is code which I assume tells the text app what to do with it. Sounds like some programming error. 

I too think it's rediculous, after all notification and quick reply is what a smart watch is all about. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

also using an HTC(the 10) and seeing the same issue, just got my s3 this week and it updated when I was setting it up(multiple people indicated a loss of messaging function with update, even with non samsung phones). 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Soooo... I finally went back to Best Buy where we got my watch after realizing I had no 2-way messaging capability - essentially same issue other Motorola users have noted in this thread).  Samsung rep there actually tried to help me figure out if it was the phone or the watch that was the issue (after Samsung "tech" chat also did a factory reset and was essentially useless and clueless, as well).

Ends up my watch would pair with the Samsung rep's Samsung phoneand messaging stayed intact on my watch.  When she paired the demo S3 or S2 to my phone after factory reset, the messaging app on the watch actually just disappeared.  Before pairing with my watch, the messaging app showed on the watch... once paired with my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 the messging app actually just disppeared from the watch.

I do like the watch but VERY disappointed in the lack of messaging (and email) functionality.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just give it some time. My wife has a Huawei honor 6 paired to her gear s3 classic. Se can't use the txt message to reply but only get the txt message. The Facebook messenger suddenly just worked on the watch, which mine still doesn't. My friend who bought the s7 edge when I got my s7, and the frontier like i bought. He can use both message and messenger. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with HTC 10. No email or messenger app. However can reply to text via contacts.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here no email and messages app 

- using Asus Zf3 5.5 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So is this manufacturer defect or is the messaging app not going to show on the gear s3 with certain devices?