JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message app not on my gear s3?

(Topic created: 12-29-2016 08:32 PM)
Green6928
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So my message app is not showing on my gear s3. I can go to a contact and then select messaging or I can reply to a message but if I want to a iniate a text I can only do so by finding the contact first.

The little yellow message icon that should be located next to my phone icon is nowhere to be found.

I have a moto droid turbo 2 if that makes any difference. I'm using messaging by softcoil development.

Can anyone help here?

0 Likes
130 Replies
user9eyt8NVjQy
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a moto x pure edition and have the same problem no message app on s3 frontier, I can't respond to text but can go to contacts and text that way. I hope they update software!

0 Likes
TIGER325
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Thank you, I really do appreciate the response but acknowledging a problem while an important first step is not a solution.
0 Likes
dshrum84
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a HTC phone, haven't had the issue you're describing with messages.

The email thing is the same on mine, notifications only.  I think that's the limitation with not using a Samsung phone. It doesn't really bother me as anything complex enough to be emailed I'll use my phone or computer for.

What S3 are you using? Is there a chance you have an international version instead of the US version?

0 Likes
userFt8YrFCPeF
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a sony xperia x3 compact and the default messaging app is not visible on my s3, i have to message via contact list (live in australia )

0 Likes
userBfm0iheEFa
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Moto Force and I don't have messages or email.

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

So it does look like depending on the android device you have as well, there could be some limited availability. I have a friend who's using a LG model and has no problem with using the default messaging app for sending and receiving texts. However, he can not respond to e-mails, only receive notifications for them on his Gear S3.

Looking at the Product Page for the S3, it does show it as "Limited Availability" so I'm not too sure right now which devices have what, and which ones can do either or. If you want to perhaps help me out as well, you can start naming off your Android Device, and whether or not you don't have stock Messaging, E-mail, or Both. I can't speak to whether or not those features will become available in the future for other android devices, but maybe we can get a nice comprehensive list going for other folks looking into this.

0 Likes
kmgr1100
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Another Droid Turbo 2 user added to the list.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the watch.  Can send text using the message button on a contact, but can't reply to a text or not have the same apps as other Android Samsung phones?  Seriously, what's so hard about supporting such a basic function on all Android phones?  Same goes for the calling function.  I would think the programmers should be smart enough to patch the software to provide universal functions across all devices, or at least across all Android based devices since that's what their own phones use.  I almost have to think that it is some intentional act to get people to buy Samsung phones.....

0 Likes
kmgr1100
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Oh, and no way to send or reply to email? Really???? Reading email on the watch isn't a picnic, either. It seems that if you get several emails at the same time, the notification that you tap to look at the message blends all the messages together with no breaks between the text, they just run together in one long sentence....
0 Likes
userw4l2x2I9li
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yeah, Samsung really driopped the ball on this - latest Gear update took away all messaging apps!

userlBxz8JPuRq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same with the Huawei P9 plus, the message and email apps don't appear, aso tried iphone 5s, the same

0 Likes
user5FXCLCzWCU
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Why? Was this intentional?  The only reason why I have a smart watch was so I could get my text while at work and my phone was on my work area.  There is no other reason for me to have this idiotic thing.  Samsung you need to get this fixed and fixed now.  

One very upset customer