cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Green6928
Asteroid

Message app not on my gear s3?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my message app is not showing on my gear s3. I can go to a contact and then select messaging or I can reply to a message but if I want to a iniate a text I can only do so by finding the contact first.

The little yellow message icon that should be located next to my phone icon is nowhere to be found.

I have a moto droid turbo 2 if that makes any difference. I'm using messaging by softcoil development.

Can anyone help here?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Formidible
Cosmic Ray

Re: Message app not on my gear s3?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Nexus 6 and a Gear 3 Sport. You can install Textra app on phone and then allow notifications from this in the Gear app on phone. You will then be able to see all SMS notifications with reply options on watch,  when received only. You can also send SMS from the contacts option. This only works with Textra app - not the native text app. I can also receive notifications from Whatsapp, hangouts, Facebook and messenger, even on wifi only (without BT on). 

View solution in original post

130 REPLIES 130
Green6928
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any help at all?????

Kevinnnn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, called samsung and declared that my s3 frontier may be defected. Tried to factory reset but that did not work so im going to return it for another frontier. 

Umbiet
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue using the same phone. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By chance is everyone on this thread using a Moto Droid Turbo 2? If not, please let me know which specific device you're using. Also if you're using the default SMS messaging app that exists on your device, or a third party overlay/messaging application.

I'd greatly appreciate that information. Thank you for your patience!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Mherring84
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same issue.   Using a nexus 6p 

useruf8UWovhIV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im using an lg v20 stock and no messaging app appears on the gear s3

TIGER325
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same phone and the same issue.  I also don't have an email app.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it does look like depending on the android device you have as well, there could be some limited availability. I have a friend who's using a LG model and has no problem with using the default messaging app for sending and receiving texts. However, he can not respond to e-mails, only receive notifications for them on his Gear S3.

Looking at the Product Page for the S3, it does show it as "Limited Availability" so I'm not too sure right now which devices have what, and which ones can do either or. If you want to perhaps help me out as well, you can start naming off your Android Device, and whether or not you don't have stock Messaging, E-mail, or Both. I can't speak to whether or not those features will become available in the future for other android devices, but maybe we can get a nice comprehensive list going for other folks looking into this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userZgI6MduVHh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S5 and a Gear S3. The message of whatsapp does not appear on the watch? Sometimes appears, but usually not?

Solutions????