cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

My GEAR Sport 2 Keeps disconnecting from my Iphone 11

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my SG2 in March 2019 and I was using it with an S8 Plus and then with an S10 Plus. Everything worked perfectly . 2 months ago i broke my S10+ screen and opted to get an Iphone 11. 

Long story short, I can get the Galaxy Watch to pair to my Iphone but after a few minutes it drops the bluetooth connection. Then a few munutes later it connects again by its own.

I dont know if is something on the iphone bluetooth settings thtat affects the connection when the phone goes to standby mode (Screen time out).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Also Installing watchfaces takes for ever in the iphone. I don't know if it's normal or if something is going with my specific settings.

Any help is apreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My GEAR S 2 port Keeps disconnecting from my Iphone 11

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, I momentarily forgot how different iPhone and Android are haha sorry. Could you go through the following steps on your phone then reconnect the watch to see if that makes a difference?

Turn off Bluetooth and Reboot

The first thing to try is to turn off your Bluetooth and restart your iPhone or iPad: Turn off Bluetooth from Control Center, or by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning off the switch. Reboot your iPhone by holding the Home button and the Power button until you see the Apple logo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the watch to see if the Bluetooth still disconnects?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did it two times and nothing, but the third one was the charm.

And as I was typing this, got disconnected again..... agrrrrrr.

I thought it was working good this time.

It disconects moemntarly, the it connects again after 15 or 20 seconds.....

And agian.....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a bummer! Do you have multiple devices connected to your Bluetooth on your phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Nope, I don't have any other devices connected to my watch, just my phone.

I deleted my watch from my iphone, reset the whatch and no positive result.

I don't know what ealse to try.

It  will connect if I open the Galaxy Watch app, but after a few minutes, the whatch looses connection with the phone.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point with what you are describing it's a little difficult to tell if the connection drops are coming from the phone's end or the watches could you answer the following questions so we can narrow it down?

Are you able to test the watch with a different device?

Does this happen when both watch and phone are located next to each other or if they are separated?

Have you attempted to reset the Bluetooth connections for the phone?

Can you try other Bluetooth devices with your phone? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and thank you for your response.

I haven't tried connecting the watch  to another device, but it was working flawlessly with my S10+ a few months a go, never had a problem connecting to the phone or droping the connection.

Yes, this happens having the Iphone en the wtach side by side.

By reseting the bluetootth connectio do you mean forgeting the device on the bluetooth settings on the Iphone? If that is the case, yes I've done that two times and nothing.

Regards.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, I momentarily forgot how different iPhone and Android are haha sorry. Could you go through the following steps on your phone then reconnect the watch to see if that makes a difference?

Turn off Bluetooth and Reboot

The first thing to try is to turn off your Bluetooth and restart your iPhone or iPad: Turn off Bluetooth from Control Center, or by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning off the switch. Reboot your iPhone by holding the Home button and the Power button until you see the Apple logo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems to be working fine after following your instructions. 

3 hours since i reseted the bluetooth settings and I haven't had any issues with connectivity.

Hopefully it will stay that way.

I apreciate very much all your help !

Regards.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome sauce! I'm glad you're back up and running.