Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes... whats is next please to get this fixed
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your Gear Fit 2, but we definitely need to try some troubleshooting steps so we can try to isolate the issue better. I have attached some troubleshooting links below for your particular model. Please keep me posted on the outcome.

1. Is the charging dock a Samsung-Approved Charger?
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that for my son's phone and it still isn't working.. it just stopped after not being charged for about 30 days due to an illness....   How do I get it to work again... He needs it due to a heart condition on top of other things and concerns... Please respond by email at wmn2wolves@gmail.com... That way I can get the reply asap... It is very important to me... 

Thank you...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Um... pretty hard to go into settings on the device if it won't take a charge. It doesn't turn on. I'm also experiencing the exact same issue and I sell them at my work so I can account for about 6 others. I'd say there is a defect in this device. 

One device I have with me currently is:

SM-R3600DANXAC

R5AH80516CN

SM-R360

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GingaRanga: Thank you for that information. Just to confirm, was the device purchased in the US? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. It is a gift with purchase currently for s9s in Canada. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. I apologize, we only have the ability to support within the US. Please visit the link below for support in your area.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course. This third world country up here has very little support and takes forever to get new electronics in our market. It's a shame

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

Thank you for that information. I apologize, we only have the ability to support within the US. Please visit the link below for support in your area.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Found a solution. Turns out the inventory received in my store are all completely depleted in battery. At this point they are very finicky for working on the charging pod. I found if you undo the strap clasp, set it on the charging pod (buttons up), and allow the straps to hang off the back of the pod it works  You'll know it works because instead of the lightning bolt flashing it will stay solid and eventually show you a percentage. If it doesn't work the first time, follow above instructions and keep sitting it on the charging pod until it does work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My Gear Fit 2 PRO doesn't appear to be charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been reading most of the post here about your Samsung Gear Fit 2 not charging, I was having the same trouble with my Gear Fit 2 Pro, after checking the Samsung Support site and got no help at all, they really don't care past the sale of their Gear.  I went to a Non-Samsung site and found a solution to my problem, Now my Gear Fit 2 is charging again.

Here is what Iread to do, and it works. with your Gear Fit 2 or Pro sitting on the charging cradle, press and hold the power button for about ten seconds, until the Gear Fit 2 REBOOTS, that's all I did, now it's charging just fine.

Its a shame Samsung feed you a bunch of to what turned out to be a simple fit to an annoying problem.  Hope this work for you having the same prolem.  GOOD LUCK!