cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a model SM-R360ZINXAR, Serial No. <Hidden>.  I press and hold the side buttons (individually and together) for long periods of time (30 plus seconds), nothing.  Put on the charger and it shows a white lightening bolt for maybe a second, then nothing.  Opened it up for the first time yesterday, so don't have experience with it working before. Left it on the charger overnight last night, nothing still this morning.  Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userRJ6xcOgU4U and @userMQ03PryjmV. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Try opening up the device you have the Gear Fit 2 paired with and unpair the two. Give the phone a moment or two, the try repairing them. Afterward if you try to turn on the Gear Fit 2, hopefully it will turn on just fine.

If this doesn't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as what smart phone your device is paired with, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

338 REPLIES 338
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Press both buttons down together and hold....it should reboot.  This worked for me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome. Thanks

-------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked for me as well.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks this worked for me..

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work for me. I haven't used the watch for a couple years. It's been sitting in a drawer. I currently have it plugged into my computer as I remember that was the best way to start charging when totally dead. Any other suggestion?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Am experiencing the same thing.  Just bought mine and tried to turn it on by pressing the power button.  Nothing but black screen.  So I figure it just needs to be charged.  I connected it to the cradle.  The lighting bolt icon comes on for a second then dissapears.  Doesn't look like its charging.

Model Number: SM-R360ZINXAR

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userRJ6xcOgU4U and @userMQ03PryjmV. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Try opening up the device you have the Gear Fit 2 paired with and unpair the two. Give the phone a moment or two, the try repairing them. Afterward if you try to turn on the Gear Fit 2, hopefully it will turn on just fine.

If this doesn't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as what smart phone your device is paired with, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Gear Fit 2 is brand new and hadn't been paired with any phone yet.

The Gear Fit 2 finally charged though.  I had to put it on the charger, take it off and put it back on again about 7 or 8 times with different orientations before it finally started to charge.  Not sure what the issue was.

Thanks for replying back.