cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue, and can NOT get the face to turn on.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same problem, and much like others(and i i dont think your answer applies).  This is new out of the box!   It has never been paired.   It doesnt appear to charge, turn on, or anything!   A white lightnight bolt for a second and then nothing.      I had an older model and this is not normal

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercfVm90QaNy Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above... it looks like it's not charging... the lightening icon appears briefly and goes out. Gear tries to reboot, but goes off immediately... 

Please help. 

Thanks, 

Julie

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hello there, @userRJ6xcOgU4U and @userMQ03PryjmV. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Try opening up the device you have the Gear Fit 2 paired with and unpair the two. Give the phone a moment or two, the try repairing them. Afterward if you try to turn on the Gear Fit 2, hopefully it will turn on just fine.

If this doesn't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as what smart phone your device is paired with, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Julie, Would you please send a private message with the model code and serial number so I may look into this further? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a very similar problem where I put it on the charger and it buzzes as though it were charging but thw screen doesnt turn on and I have tried holding down both buttons, bot individually and separately and it just buzzes and the screen wont even turn on

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue what solved it for me rotate the watch on the dock until you see the lightning bolt flash while its on display make sure you do this fast hold both buttons.  The bolt will say longer then 2 seconds and then when it disappears the watch should reboot bringing it back to life.   Took me a few tries but I am glad its operational again and saving me from ordering a new dock.  Maybe its a software glitch any updates on this please Samsung?  Hope this helps someone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had that problem to I just just kept on putting it off and on off and on a bunch of times and flipping it up down and finally it started charging

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue.  Any fixes you found?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is brand new. 1st charge. Wouldnt work on any plug including an older samsung from a tab2. All it woyld do is very briefly flash the lightning icon. Couldn't turn it on with it on the dock. I left it charging for over 6 hours and it had 0 charge and STILL wouldn't turn on. Great product, Samsung.

I read somewhere that you need to plug it into a computer first b4 it will charge off an outlet. Why? Who knows. But I booted my linux pc to see if the OS had anything to do with it. Plugged in the dock to a standard usb 2.0 port. It BOOTED and started charging! Why the heck would that work? It makes no sense! 5 volts is 5 volts and no data exchange was even possible since my linux pc lacks the drivers!

What does plugging it into a pc do that plugging it into a wall outlet plug doesn't also do. I tried 4 different wall outlet adapters including a VERY high amp model. Now that it has been plugged into my laptop (left it for about a minute) it charges fine off a basic samsung wall outlet charger.

I am probably gonna return this junk before it blows up and burns down the house or something. Cannot trust it. Way too many issues for the first day. Samsung needs to fire its entire battery/power department and start over from scratch.