cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try holding both buttons while it's on the charger. It just rebooted for me that way and started charging. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. I placed it on the charger and got a charging symbol for just a second and then nothing. I followed some of the replies and it is now charging. I held the power button for 35 seconds then wiped off the sensors on the back of the watch. I placed it on the charging dock 10 different ways before it began charging. It has a charging screen for about 30seconds then a continuous lightning bolt now. Not sure if it'l work after this but I would leave it there for a while before attempting to use it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's what I did and I think success. 

Hold down both buttons for at least 6sec and place on cradle, got a brief lightning bolt then out, hold down both buttons for 6sec, and keep repeating until it starts to charge. 

The lighting bolt stayed on, got a 0% charge, then back to lighting bolt that is stay in on. 

Using an ANKER charger with the USB plugged into a standard port, not the fast charging port.

Once it has some juice, I'll switch to the fast charger

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, this worked for me

I put the Gear Fit 2 on the charger and press the power button for about 3 seconds or so the Gear Fit turned on and booted itself and showed the time the lightning bolt and the charging bar

(It has to be on the charger to power it on)

The screen will time out after a few seconds but if you press the power button it will show the screen again 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem so many times. 

While the Gear is in the charger, press the small power buttoin for at least 10 seconds. The device will reboot and you should be good to go! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, this worked for me

I put the Gear Fit 2 on the charger and press the power button for about 3 seconds or so the Gear Fit turned on and booted itself and showed the time the lightning bolt and the charging bar

(It has to be on the charger to power it on)

The screen will time out after a few seconds but if you press the power button it will show the screen again 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue.  What ended up working for me is plugging in the charger to show the lightning bolt.  When it disappeared, I unplugged it and plugged it back in to show the lightning bolt again.  After a few times, the charger would stay on and actually start charging the unit.  I guess the battery is so dead to start with that it struggles to hold an initial charge...anyways, that's what worked for me.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing.  I just opened this as a Christmas gift.  At first the lightning icon flashed once or twice.  Now that won't even happen whether it is plugged into the wall or the computer.  I read some responses that  indicated possibly contacting Samsung for a diagnostic to check the unit itself.  How do I do that?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All, 

Same problem here. Just opened it for Christmas. Every now and then I can get the lightning bolt icon to appear for less than a second, but then it dissapears. I've left it pluged into to a laptop for hours, and then I'll poke at it and try to turn the watch on with no luck. I busted out my volt meter and I am getting 5.10 volts across the terminals on the docking station, so it's getting ample voltage from my laptop. 

I'm very dissapointed in this product so far. And the docking station is complete rubbish. 

-Brizz. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,
Update: I tried the technique where I situate the watch on the docking station where the lightning bolt icon appears then disappears. I unplugged it from my computer carefully to not bump the watch on the docking station. I plugged it back in, saw the bolt, then unplugged it. Repeated this procedure until the bolt stayed on and gave me a 0%.
WTF, Samsung?

-Brizz