cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issues as everyone else describing, with my brand new are the Box gear fit 2.   I was able to get it to start accepting in charge off my computer USB2 port, only after removing the band's.  I made several attempts holding the charger vertical, horizontal, upside down, Indiana Jones style, etc.  This was the only thing to work and started charging the 1st attempt after a 100 plus in every configuration, wall socket, charging block. Not sure if I was lucky but you might wanna give it a try

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my Fit2 to start charging, this is what I did:

Rubbed the contacts on the back of the Fit2 with an eraser (I used one of the pink, rectangular erasers) and wiped off any eraser residue.

Rubbed the contacts on the charger with the same eraser.  (I'll try to explain how I did this since it was a bit tricky.  The contacts on the charger 'recess' into the charger if you rub the eraser on top of the contacts.  I ran the eraser along the raised edges of the contacts.)

I blew off any eraser residue.

I put the Fit2 on the dock and plugged it into a Samsung USB wall charger. 

Leaving the Fit2 on the dock, when I saw the lightning bolt, I pressed the power button on the Fit2.

The lightening bolt went out.

I pressed the power button about 8 times in succession and the lightening bolt came back on and it started charging.

Hope this helps someone get theirs charging.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pushing the button 8 times worked for me!!!!! Smiley Happy  I tried all of the other methods to no avail. Thank you so much for posting this!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had same problem recently. I tried everything but at the end I pressed both of the side buttons for about 10 seconds and my gear fit2 watch started rebooting. and now it is working fine.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!
Mine worked fine, and suddenly it went off. After 1 month I tried to turn it on and it worked. It worked well for a few weeks and then suddenly went off again and has not turned on again. I tried every method and procedure. I also disassembled the watch, and when I reconnect it, the little white lightning appears for a moment and disappears... but it does not charge or turn on...the screen is all black. Every time I disarm and reassemble the watch, the same thing happens (just a flash of the bolt and nothing else). I don't know what else to try anymore. Do you have any idea?? Tnx!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up trying the suggestion from another post ended up basically very very softly..  like indiana jones style, setting it on and off the dock when I saw the lightening bolt and after the 15th time, but with the buttons on the bottom.  And its now charging.. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive noticed that if the clips for the band are set to take the band off, the device will not properly charge. 

*make sure the clips for the band are pushed in, and then reconnect the cradle and see if the lightning bolt stays on. (Image for Reference)

-Samsung Field Sales Manager

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone having issues with Gear Fit2 not charging or turning on? It took forever to figure out and my research paid off. Hold the power button while it is on the cradle and hold it for about 10 seconds and WHAM! It reboots and starts charging! So happy. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This may have been what I did accidentally after many many other things including cleaning contacts, plugging into computer, checking voltage at charging pins.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problem charging my new GearFit 2   Have tried it all!  Holding power button, plugging into wall, plugging into computer, rubbing connections.  I don't have it paired with anything as I can't even get it charged! GRRRRRR

model: SM-R3600DAAXAR     Ser  R5AH7071TKY