cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxnUK7wEpgI
Astronaut

Re: My fitness pal and s health syncing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am going to pile on. I cannot get MFP and S Health to sync. I purchased a Galaxy Watch and want my excercises to sync to MFP. At first my food was coming into S Health but steps and excersices where not going back to MFP. I uninstalled both and now nothing is syncing in either direction. I wish there was a way to debug this integration to see what if anything is happening.

userdKi3KzGj3B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Health and MFP stopped syncing steps yesterday and now food has gone today.

Must be something going on with one of the apps.

Anyone else had things that have stopped working in the last couple of days?

Highlighted
maikelson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Steps work but nothing else after trying un install, install, reset, restart and anything you can think of. Using Note + Samsung Watch. And no response from Samsung. Amazing... 

userXAd7JeB3xM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy Watch here. Same issue since Sept. 18th. Permission settings are set up properly in S Health, Myfitnesspal is reading steps from S Health, but S Health will not pull food information from Myfitnesspal. Have tried reinstalling and setting up sync for both apps multiple times. 

userYM8RAOcCV3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I'm used the galaxy watch and note 8, I've followed your steps but the 2 apps still don't sync for me.  Like you I want to use myfitnesspal for food inn take & shealth to track steps and exercise but I'm having no luck.  Anything else you could recommend please?

userdhpadOXZHr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked for me too! Thank you so much for sharing this!! 

@Raylim008 wrote:

I have same issues where Samsung Health is not sync with myfitnesspal. I am using the new Galaxy Watch and Note 8.

I finally get it to sync by trying a few install and uninstall process.  Below is what I did and I hope it helps.

1) Uninstall both Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal from your phone.

2) Install Samsung Health (first) and don't install Myfitnesspal.

3) Open Samsung Health, and press on the "3 dots" and select "Partner apps"

4) In "Partner apps", look for Myfitnesspal and click to install.

5) After succesfully install the Myfitnesspal. Go back to Samsung Health and click on "Settings" (from the 3 dot)

6) Select "Data permissions", and click on Myfitnesspal.

7) Turn on what do you want to sync between Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal. *Note:  I think this part is important where you don't turn all the buttons on "Allowed to write" and "Allowed to read". It will confuse both apps.  e.g. I want to use myfitnesspal for my food intake and use Samsung Health to keep track my steps and exercise. Therefore, I just turn on Food Information, Food intake and Weight on "Allowed to  write".  Turn on Daily step count trend and Exercise on "Allowed to read".

8) Now go back to Myfitnesspal, and select Apps & Devices.  Connect to Samsung Health.

9) Then select the Steps in Myfitnesspal and put a "tick" to the Samsung Health.

Wait for a few minutes or maybe 10mins for both apps to sync.

It works for me.  Hope it works for you too. 

user5kbFQiKU1q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having issues with syncing to SHealth.  I've tried all the uninstall/reinstall and app permission settings, and confirmed there are no phone system updates.  Working with a Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Watch.

My steps are syncing to MFP fine, so the apps are clearly connecting, but the food/calorie intake from MFP won't sync to SHealth.  

The data permissions between SHealth and MFP are

[Allowed to write]: Food information, Food intake, Weight

[Allowed to read]: Daily step count trend, Exercise

And on MFP, the app says it's connected to SHealth, and has SHealth selected for the "Steps" device.

Honestly, if SHealth would just add in the recipe input or barcode scanner that MFP has for the food logging, that would solve all these problems.....

ITGuy4Ever
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Steps from my Galaxy Watch haven't been an issue either.  I can't get food info to sync with Samsung Health. Same with weight info.  I have a Fitbit Aria 2 scale that's syncs flawlessly with MFP but the information does pass to Samsung Health.  I have all the app permissions both read and write correct.

ITGuy4Ever
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have gotten everything to sync from MFP to Samsung Health with the exception of food which is very important to me since MFP has the most complete DB. Going to call the support # provided for S Health, but wont hold my breath. Why should I have to have Health Sync and Google Fit was more middleware apps. MFP and SH should just sync with each other. 

usersdFf4KwgE9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked for me so thank you! 

One small niggle is that although it now syncs the steps it doesn't log any burned calories for those steps and I'm talking over 9000 steps a day. Any ideas?