cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maikelson
Asteroid

Re: My fitness pal and s health syncing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies @SamsungLarry did not read the question in detail. Yes, a phone update was pushed recently to my Note from t-mobile. Apps are up to date. Galaxy watch has updated once since I got it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would honestly recommend reaching out to our S-health team directly at 855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user7tkqRqMtg7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution is pretty easy after I found it....MFP App.....Settings....Steps...Choose a Device...Samsung Health

usersgx5UpvlcU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to go to setting on the Samsung health app, then select the 3 dots on top right, then select settings. Then scroll down to connected devices, then make sure the green dot is on for Strava, you will need to click it to turn it green., You will also need to sign up. Next scroll down to data permissions and select my fitness Pal. Make sure all the boxes where is says allowed to read are ticked and it should now work. Hope that helps.

Gatoraidz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so after suffering for several months here is what I did to fix the issue.

#try skipping step 1&2 first to save some time. 

1) Uninstall Samsung Health and My Fitness Pal.

2) Reinstall both apps and sign into each.

3) In Samsung Health Open settings, Data Permissions, MyFitnessPal (Must be installed), toggle on all switches for READ AND WRITE.

4) In MyFitnessPal Open settings, My Apps&Devices, Select Samsung Health, Select Connect... (This is what I was missing the entire time.)

These instructions should absolutely work for everyone on android and possibly similiar in IOS, atleast until either apps are redesigned again..

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

user3pRWG5ZEqg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i've got the same problems:

Samsung health has the following grants for my fitness pal (i use the italian version, sorry if my translation doesn't fit 100% with the english menu):

writing: food, weight

reading: workouts, steps

on MFP, instead, samsung health is connected.

nevertheless, if I track my weight in MFP, it is not synced with S Health.

any ideas?

thank you

userqQ4rSk2mnz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue for me it worked when I gave all permissions to both sides.

userL2XIZOCfx4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agree, tried to do this while limiting the data going from MFP to Samsung Health (was looking for a oneway street on calorie/food data only as I like MFP for calories, but SH for all else). No good until I allowed all access both read and write. Just fyi, good luck.
userYM8RAOcCV3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, been struggling with thus Donne last week

userghybiNmD62
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using iOS (iPhone XR) with Gear S3 Froniter and MyFitnessPal app on phone along with Samsung Health on phone.

When I go to MyFitnessPal > More (3 dots) > Apps & Devices > I do not see Samsung Health. Am I missing something? I do see iOS Health though.

Also in Samsung Health, when I  try to connect to MyFitnessPal under data permissions it says No Services.

Suggestions?