cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mutantspicy
Asteroid

Re: My fitness pal and s health syncing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Food Diary is syncing back to SHealth.

Workouts are syncing from SHealth to MFP

But step count isn't working, SHealth is checked in the steps setting.

mutantspicy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Step Count is pretty intermittent with S Health to MFP.

I think most of the problem is with the MFP phone app.  The Web app seems to sync up fine.

I've made progress today.  So I started using UA Record.  sync'd to MFP and S Health.  But have write to S Health turned off.  But S health will send steps, weight, etc back to record.   I send my workout to MFP then to S health and wallah they come into S Health proper names not other all the time. At least for some workouts.  

So for workout!

UA Record to MFP to S Health.  (Had to turn off write from UA rec in SHealth,  Had to turn off write to MFP from SHealth, Write to S Health from MFP turned ON)  This is by far the best set up I've figured out so far with the Gear S3

For diet.  MFP to S Health and UA Record.  Seems to work great no dupes or overlaps. 

Steps is more complicated.

S Health Steps to UA Record to MFP (a work in progress) so far its not quite there,  Steps are acurate in Record, but not in MFP not sure if this is connection related or what. 

S Health Steps directly to MFP it works when it works otherwise the phone app doesn't always connect.  So far this is the only way I've gotten the cal count to work.  But the server issues are annoying and the sync between UA Rec and MFP is way better, just for some the steps aren't coming in.  The workouts are coming in perfectly.

SimplyJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will all the info be on Samsung Health I deleted once before by the advise of samung 

Wywiur
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and it reinstalling worked. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No I am still not syncing.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userO3CKVbJEkU

Were you able to try some of the suggestions in the thread?  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5fVsL7K36t
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still having problems with it. 

user1POJpidyAT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this problem. When I click on steps I get a response 'ERROR CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER'

I've re booted both phone & watch, uninstalled the app and re installed. 

I have Samsung Gear S3 frontier and a S8+

userJpBAdClZrR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems this is a common issue. I have been looking for answers for close to a month and nothing I have tried had worked.

Uninstalled both MFP and SHealth

Rebooted phone

Reinstalled both SHealth and MFP

Permissions for sharing data granted

I get notifications that MFP is syncing in the background yet when I look no device is selected for steps. I try to add a device for step tracking in MFP and get the lovely  'ERROR CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER'.

Devices: Galaxy Note 8 running Oreo

Gear Sport

I've only had the gear Sport for 26 days. If I can't get it to work correctly in the next 4 days I'm returning it and going back to FitBit.

Goofy9676
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently having this problem. Both apps say their synced. My fitness pay won't show my steps.