cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr39AKumS9V
Astronaut

Re: My fitness pal and s health syncing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me too!!! Thank you!!!

uservzDw6xnTbf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for your help!! it was really helpful!! 

userAmZDnTNrKZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having an issue with this since I got an gear sport for Christmas. Nothing has worked

• have an s7 phone and a gear sport

• have done updates and reinstalls, and data clearances as much as I could find.

• the toggles for data transfer are all "on" 

• both devices have been rebooted multiple times 

• I get a circle and a "Error has occured, unable to synchronize "

☆ my sister who also bought a gear sport was so disappointed with this issue shes already gone back to garmin. MFP is the leading standard, you would have thought that the connectivity issues would have been a priority for wearable "sport" tech. Very disappointed.

Raylim008
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issues where Samsung Health is not sync with myfitnesspal. I am using the new Galaxy Watch and Note 8.

I finally get it to sync by trying a few install and uninstall process.  Below is what I did and I hope it helps.

1) Uninstall both Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal from your phone.

2) Install Samsung Health (first) and don't install Myfitnesspal.

3) Open Samsung Health, and press on the "3 dots" and select "Partner apps"

4) In "Partner apps", look for Myfitnesspal and click to install.

5) After succesfully install the Myfitnesspal. Go back to Samsung Health and click on "Settings" (from the 3 dot)

6) Select "Data permissions", and click on Myfitnesspal.

7) Turn on what do you want to sync between Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal. *Note:  I think this part is important where you don't turn all the buttons on "Allowed to write" and "Allowed to read". It will confuse both apps.  e.g. I want to use myfitnesspal for my food intake and use Samsung Health to keep track my steps and exercise. Therefore, I just turn on Food Information, Food intake and Weight on "Allowed to  write".  Turn on Daily step count trend and Exercise on "Allowed to read".

8) Now go back to Myfitnesspal, and select Apps & Devices.  Connect to Samsung Health.

9) Then select the Steps in Myfitnesspal and put a "tick" to the Samsung Health.

Wait for a few minutes or maybe 10mins for both apps to sync.

It works for me.  Hope it works for you too. 

user63c480NEsG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issues where Samsung Health is not sync with myfitnesspal. I am using the new Galaxy Watch and Note 8.

I finally get it to sync by trying a few install and uninstall process.  Below is what I did and I hope it helps.

1) Uninstall both Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal from your phone.

2) Install Samsung Health (first) and don't install Myfitnesspal.

3) Open Samsung Health, and press on the "3 dots" and select "Partner apps"

4) In "Partner apps", look for Myfitnesspal and click to install.

5) After succesfully install the Myfitnesspal. Go back to Samsung Health and click on "Settings" (from the 3 dot)

6) Select "Data permissions", and click on Myfitnesspal.

7) Turn on what do you want to sync between Samsung Health and Myfitnesspal. *Note:  I think this part is important where you don't turn all the buttons on "Allowed to write" and "Allowed to read". It will confuse both apps.  e.g. I want to use myfitnesspal for my food intake and use Samsung Health to keep track my steps and exercise. Therefore, I just turn on Food Information, Food intake and Weight on "Allowed to  write".  Turn on Daily step count trend and Exercise on "Allowed to read".

8) Now go back to Myfitnesspal, and select Apps & Devices.  Connect to Samsung Health.

9) Then select the Steps in Myfitnesspal and put a "tick" to the Samsung Health.

Wait for a few minutes or maybe 10mins for both apps to sync.

It works for me.  Hope it works for you too. 

...............Finally, something that worked! Thank you!

useraJkpFbb92b
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried this but it's still not working. Also, now - despite my height accurately entered on the app - Samsung Health thinks I'm only 53cm tall and tells me I have a BMI of 188! Not helpful!

Can I get any further help on this? It is really annoying to not be able to see what I've eaten in Health

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What devices are you using?

useraJkpFbb92b
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S9 and Gear Sport

useraJkpFbb92b
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can we get some help on this please? I don't know what else I can do.

userGz2SG0XrDw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm the same as everybody else on this and have tried everything everybody else has tried.  

I'm trying to migrate from Garmin where the 2 apps play nicely very well with each other so I'll go back to Garmin oh this can't get sorted! 

Gear: Galaxy 8 + and Galaxy Watch.