cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No display on Gear Fit2 Pro

My display is black.  I can still charge it and pair and unpair it with my phone.  It vibrates when I to try to locate it, and stops when I "find" it.  It also vibrates on its own for some reason, but the screen stays black.  Pressing reset does not help.  Nor does pressing both buttons at once.  I am running the most recent version of Galaxy Wearable.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: No display on Gear Fit2 Pro

@userEVVHeF1zZY 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this issue with your Gear Fit 2 Pro

Can you try the following for me?

1. Verify the Gear and apps have recently been updated to the latest software version, and that it has only been charged using a Samsung-approved charger. 

2. Reboot the Gear.

1. Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
  2. Release the Power button, and then immediately press and release the Power button repeatedly to enter the Reboot Mode menu.
  3. Continue to press and release the Power button until the Reboot option is highlighted.
  4. Press and hold the Power button to select Reboot. Release the Power button when the screen goes black.
  5. The Gear will reboot. Connect it to a phone using the Samsung Gear app, and then check for Software updates.

3. If issues persist and the Gear is connected to a phone, perform the following steps:

1. Check for Software and app updates for both the phone and Gear.
  2. Use Safe Mode on the phone to make sure a 3rd party app is not the cause of the issue.
  3. Clear the Samsung Gear app cache and data by following the steps below:
    1. Power off the Gear.
    2. From the phone, navigate to and touch Settings > App.
    3. Touch Samsung Gear.
    4. Touch Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
    5. Touch CLEAR DATA> DELETE.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Samsung Gear app from the phone, and then reboot the Gear before reconnecting the devices. 
    1. On the Gear, press and hold, and then release the Power button when Rebooting... is displayed.
    2. The Gear will restart. Open the Samsung Gear app, and then scan for the Gear to reconnect it.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, perform a recovery. All data stored on the Gear will be erased. It may not be possible to back up any data stored on the Gear since the Gear will not boot up.

1.  Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
  2. Release the Power button, and then immediately press and release the Power button repeatedly to enter the Reboot Mode menu.
  3. Continue to press and release the Power button until the Recovery option is highlighted.
  4. Press and hold the Power button to select Recovery. Release the Power button when the screen goes black.
  5. The Gear will restart, and the recovery process will begin.
  6. After the recovery is complete, connect the Gear to a phone using the Samsung Gear app, and then check for Software updates.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, service repairs are probably recommended.

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: No display on Gear Fit2 Pro

Thanks, John, but I have absolutely no display so I cannot see Rebooting.  Is there any other way to reboot?