cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVrSkmS4LjU
Constellation

Re: Notifications no longer showing on screen Gear S3

I am having the same issue. I have tried multiple watch resets, re-pairing, removing and reinstalling all of the Gear apps on the phone, checking all notifications options  and permissions on the phone as listed in this thread and elsewhere. All was working fine until about a week ago when I noticed that I was getting the orange dot, but no sounds notifications and no vibration on the watch.

After making all the changes and resets I now intermittently get some notification sounds and vibrations but very often none at all.

I have an SM-R760 with all the latest updates and a Google Pixel XL 2 with all the latest updates.

It is infuriating missing these notifications when but a few days ago everything was fine.

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Did you double check to make sure that Gear App -> Settings -> Notifications -> Turn On Screen is ON?
userVrSkmS4LjU
Constellation

That setting has always been on for me.
userditCoDi4rL
Constellation

I have the same issue, it stopped working approximately 2 weeks ago. The turn screen setting has always been on.  

I have the gear S3 frontier on Tizen 2.3.2.3 (still waiting for 3.0 btw) paired to essential ph-1 on Android 7.1.1. 

usert6xgstgnJU
Constellation

For me my problems stemmed from me swapping watch bands ... my new watch band is actually blocking all the sensors on the bottom of the watch so it doesn't know that I have the watch on and I had the notification setting to not show me stuff when the watch is off "show only while wearing gear" once I disabled that everything seems to be working again just fine.... So, even if you haven't swapped your watch bands maybe you just need to wipe off the bottom of the watch
Harley Wilson
Constellation

I've tried everything in this thread, and while some apps are buzzing my wrist, some don't. I'm getting the notification dot just fine, and I can see the notifications themselves, but apps like Gmail (pretty critical) aren't buzzing my wrist. Seems bizarre that the watch is clearly getting the notification, and then somehow deciding which apps buzz and which don't. That's not even a manual option.

I've the the AT&T S3 Frontier (3.0.0.1) and a Pixel 2 XL (8.1 with latest security patch). I came from a Note 8 where I had zero issues. My thought was that maybe there was something different about how Do Not Disturb on the phone pushes notifications, but if the watch is getting the notification, what's telling it to not buzz or make sound?

Honored Contributor

@Harley Wilson

Sounds like your problem might be linked to the non-Samsung branded phone. That does tend to change some of the compatibility features. Not sure why it would still get the notification but just not make a noise. It could certainly be a difference in the way the phones process the Do Not Disturb mode though.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Formidible
Cosmic Ray

Make sure the correct notification for each app is set on the phone by going to settings > notifications and selecting. One option is silent notifications.

userx69Fpfnfhs
Astronaut

@SamsungViv  Users with Samsung phones in this thread are having the same issue.  Your reply is NOT a solution.  I still have time to return this watch.  Moto Z2 with latest android update (5days ago) and having the saaamme problem like everyone else on this thread.  Gear app installed, updated.  notifications worked for a while...then...stopped.  So..$349 watch that doesnt do what Samsung purports it to do.   Is there a fix or should I head for the hills and return this baby?

Formidible
Cosmic Ray

I have Android  7.1.1 and latest Gear update. This has not happened for me. Try resetting the watch and the Gear app. If you have an older phone or OS this might be the issue.