cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notifications no longer showing on screen Gear S3

Did you check Gear -> Notifications -> Manage Notifications to make sure that for whatever reason they were not turned off? At the top of screen there should be a count of selected apps.
userEWckLUYhMl
Constellation

Yes, I checked everything. when I reset and reconnect my watch, it starts working, but just for a short period of time. Then notifications go away and only calls show on my watch.

userFtCWvfVwJO
Astronaut

Same problem here, OnePlus 3T and Gear S3 Frontier both with latest updates. 

Only calls come through to my watch. 

I've gone back to my Sony Smart Watch 3 running Android Wear and oh look it works perfectly... 

Please fix this issue Samsung!

userEWckLUYhMl
Constellation

Wow! I just found something. It seems that our Samsung watch gives notification only when you wear it on your hand! All the time, I had the watch kept by my hand (not worn) and was trying to test notifications! It solved the problem for me!

userOxGvbFhbQL
Astronaut

Its a setting that i turned on and it still doesn't work

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOxGvbFhbQL can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and Bluetooth or LTE?

user7vjEKX2msd
Asteroid

After using the watch for about a year without any problems, about a week ago notifications stopped working for me too... I have tried just about everything, granting all the rights, resetting the Watch multiple times, reinstalling the necessary apps, it still doesnt work! The only thing thats working is Samsung Health and Phone Calls for some reason, just as others have already posted! Phone is the LG G6 32GB

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7vjEKX2msd

Hello,

Is both your phone and watch currently up to date to the latest software?

user7vjEKX2msd
Asteroid

Yes, ironically just this minute fixed the issue with a solutionI found in another thread though Smiley Happy

Now this has not been an issue in the last year but it seems that the phone can`t be on silent anymore or it won`t send the notifications to the watch...

Note the phone is not on "dont disturb" or any other mode, just Silent! I put it on vibrate now and the notifications go through again... Maybe this helps others out too!

userKEGYt8QWCm
Constellation

The suggestion above (turning the phone off silent) worked for me just now. I was going crazy, and would have never thought of this. Thank you!