cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Notifications no longer showing on screen Gear S3

Starting with the last update of S Health notifications no longer wake up the screen nor does the watch vibrate anymore when a notification comes in.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

133 REPLIES 133

Re: Notifications no longer showing on screen Gear S3

Hello there, @userey3R7nJjbi! I'll be happy to help you, or anyone else who has this same problem, here if you'd like! To better do that, can we have a little more information about your Gear and this glitch? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and software version (both under Settings>About Gear) for your device as well as when you started noticing this happen and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Gear S3 Frontier SM-R760 Tizen 2.3.21 Software R760XXU1APK7 App: 2.2.16101261 Plugin 2.2.03.16122941N, Service 3.1.26_161116.  Started yesterday.  Turned off BT on watch, rebooted and turned off the watch.Turned off BT on phone (Xperia Z3 Compact) Rebooted and turned off the phone.  Actually I made it work again by disabling/enabling notifications on the phone followed by manage notifications off and on.  Now it seems to almost work.

Oh! I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be working now and feel free to update this thread if anything changes. I (or anyone else on the site) will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUPRYbrxe9g
Astronaut

I have the same issue. I have the SM-765V, Hardware REV1.0, Tizen Version 2.3.2.3, Software Version R765VVRU1AQF4, Samsung S8+ (SM-G955U), Android Version 7.0, Samsung Experience Version 8.1, Samsung Gear App 2.217082261, Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.17111051. If I disconnect BT and turn on Gear Network, I can make phone calls, send text messages, but I do not receive notification of incoming text message when I pay the monthly service fee for the Gear S3. It is kind of pointless to advertise a smart watch that can work without a phone, yet it does not actually work well without BT connection to the phone. I did do the Gear S3 Factory Reset, that sorta helped S-Voice work better with BT connection, but S-Voice still works poorly in stand alone mode. If Samsung could resolve this issue for the watch to function by itself without the phone, add Bixby, & Google Voice in the next firmware update, this watch would soar on the market.

userGcFThcKzEb
Constellation

Might as well throw in my "me too". 

Model # SM-R760

Software version: R760XXU2CQK3

Google Pixel XL

Only notifications  I get are Samsung Health.

I have read the post here and tried all the suggestions, nothing works.  

userKJzxsXwNi4
Constellation

Me too. Whether or not I get a notification, which apps notify, how long it stays on the screen for, and how long the orange dot stays visible, all appear to be random. Quite frequently now I get a notification which stays on for about half a second, then the orange dot appears, and then that vanishes after about half a second too. I've got a £300 watch which doesn't do the most basic, and the most needed, of functions. (I've got a Gear S3 Frontier with an S7)

userGcFThcKzEb
Constellation

Received the Google update to 8.1.0 yesterday and it appears that my notification issues have been solved (at least for now)

userCIrEIuhpQM
Astronaut

Hi, which google update do you mean ? on the phone ? I have same issue on my Gear S3, only phone calls are showing....  

Thanks.

uservU75TKXV6I
Constellation

Same boat. I’m running Oreo 8.1.0 on a Pixel and that did not fix it for me.

This is pretty infuriating, as this is the whole point of owning this $300 wrist watch. It was working beautifully until the same time the issue hit everyone else here. Where’s a response to your loyal customers, Samsung?   ..... back to my trusty old Pebble Time which always has worked beautifully.