cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Oculus Gear VR wont start after phone update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

Yesterday my S10+ updated software, some kind of security fix and now my Oculus Gear VR wont start when phone is inserted.  It was working perfectly fine 2 days ago.
Rebooted, reinstalled, cleared caches, nothing.

In january 2020 Daydream stopped working on my S9+ after similar upgrade and it doesnt work ever since, look at this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/android-10-update-kills-daydream-compatibility/td-p...

And now Gear VR stopped working on S10+ after upgrade.  Smiley Sad

Does anyone else have the same problem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: Oculus Gear VR wont start after phone update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved after completely uninstalling all Oculus related apps and services.

After reinstalling Oculus nothing was happening.

So I tried to bluetooth pair just the controller and bingo, after pairing it prompted to install a bunch of apps and services and after that it started detecting phone in Gear VR.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved after completely uninstalling all Oculus related apps and services.

After reinstalling Oculus nothing was happening.

So I tried to bluetooth pair just the controller and bingo, after pairing it prompted to install a bunch of apps and services and after that it started detecting phone in Gear VR.

View solution in original post

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This hasn't we worked for me. But my phone registers connection however I get a black screen with little white x in the corner. Stays like that until phone is disengaged. Tried everything. Nothing works. PLEASE someone find a solution! 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i looking for usb adapters for my vr last model rmz-25 GH69-29946B because i have note 10 + and s20 ultra and i want to use the vr whit my s7 edge