cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Oculus vr gone with no back up to use the vr headsets you still have

What are you doing. Or when will you help or fix the issue with the vr support.. or the people LIKE ME THAT HAVE GOT TWO DIFFERENT SIZE OCULUS HEADSETS. (One for my note 5)n my note 8 then had to buy another one when I upgraded to the note 9. I get every note, and all last year i been emailing Samsung about the note 10, why do yall make us buy new add on's then stop the support for them.. . I could see if you added it back on.. or made a Samsung standalone that you give the people that had to buy the other headsets,. Or atleast help give the credit to get other things because you took the support away from an item you had us buy for your phones. But now it's not supported on the note10. And I no it's no way it's going be on my note20..

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Oculus vr gone with no back up to use the vr headsets you still have

there is No more support for these headsets as Oculus wants wants you to buy their new Vr headsets mostly the Oculus Quest. Since they no longer Support the go either.
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Oculus vr gone with no back up to use the vr headsets you still have

I get that part..but if samsung made me buy two different size headsets then once I got the note10 plus.. i can't use neither one of the headsets I got from samsung.... i feel like they should credit me back for them or atleadt give sunthn to help replace it.. or get sumthing for it being gone
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: Oculus vr gone with no back up to use the vr headsets you still have

Sorry @M3LV1N 

I feel your pain as I'm also a fan of Gear VR, and had to learn the hard way about the support being removed from Note10. After some research, I saw that it was in fact Oculus that wanted to end the relationship with Samsung. I don't think Samsung has to reimburse. The Gear VR headsets we bought were meant for the phones that were available at that time, and still in fact work with those devices, so no promises were broken. I still have an older S7 Edge just to use for VR, but it overheats and shuts off too quickly, unfortunately. The reality is the VR feature is no longer a feature of new Samsung models after the S10 generation. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Oculus vr gone with no back up to use the vr headsets you still have

From what I read, the only thing Samsung has to do to make Daydream working again is to re-enable sustained performance mode option in Android. This is a feature that prevents thermal throttling.
This would've helped some emulators as well that can make use of that feature.

Petition: http://chng.it/LSqxWC4ypj