Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7OpWwbJPZH
Astronaut

Phone + Gear S3 + bluetooth headset issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, the Gear S3 Frontier and an Mpow Flame bluetooth headset.

• When I pair the phone and the watch, no problem
  • When I pair the phone and the headset, no problem
  • When I pair the phone and watch, then the headset, the headset will only work in media mode (can't take calls with it).  If I force phone mode to it, it kicks off the watch from bluetooth.
  • When I pair the phone and headset, the watch won't connect.

This is enough for me to return the watch but surely I'm not the only one who's had this issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone + Gear S3 + bluetooth headset issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It honestly sounds like a bluetooth limitation of the phone. For example, our TVs act like this when you connected too many devices at once. I'd recommend reaching out to the phone manufacturer to verify this limitation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It honestly sounds like a bluetooth limitation of the phone. For example, our TVs act like this when you connected too many devices at once. I'd recommend reaching out to the phone manufacturer to verify this limitation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useritATLSSouH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. Using Samsung Gear S3 Frontier + Samsung S10 + Taotronics bluetooth earphones. 

I don't see how it can be a bluetooth limitation with the phone as I'm sure the S10 should be able to handle this. 

Please can you help with this as it's very frustrating not being able to make or receive calls through the watch with bluetooth earphones?