cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDADoc
Asteroid

Problems with Samsung Pay since last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having issues with Samsung Pay lately. It was working until the latest Oreo update and now all of my transactions get declined. The standalone cards attached to Samsung Pay are working and there is enough money. It WAS working until a system update a couple of weeks ago, and now it won't work anywhere, all transactions get declined, whether using the phone or my Gear S3.

Funny thing is this: I have those same cards (Wells Fargo card on checking, Amex (Green & Platinum), and one other) in my Apple Pay setup (for when I use my iPhone and iPad) and transactions go through without a hitch every time, so I know it's not the cards.

Tried deregistering the cards, uninstalling and reinstalling them and adding the cards back, clearing the cache, but no luck.

Any help straightening this out is appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Problems with Samsung Pay since last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To clear the data you would go into Settings > Apps and select the Samsung Pay app. You would then select Clear Data. This would clear out any added cards, but you shouldn't have to go through a re-verification when re-adding them. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the data as well? When you re-added the cards, did you register them with the appropriate banks?

PDADoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you say clear the data, what do you mean?

Yes, the cards were properly activated with the respective banks using codes they provided.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To clear the data you would go into Settings > Apps and select the Samsung Pay app. You would then select Clear Data. This would clear out any added cards, but you shouldn't have to go through a re-verification when re-adding them. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

PDADoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Okay, thanks. I've done that, and I will test it out later tonight after I get home from work.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

PDADoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That did the trick, it's working fine now!  Thanks for your help!