Original topic:

Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait

(Topic created: 07-01-2020 04:45 AM)
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I have Samsung S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier.  I have an issue when I have a working connection between these my items:

After a new android update on mine S8+ I started to get a notification which I cannot turn off. And I do not know what it is trying to do. The notification is not a big deal, but I notice that what my phone and watch discharges very fast. Before my watch takes around 3days, now just a 12h...

"Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait"

2019-04-04 21.33.55.jpg

userHPZ8kzzOXX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I uninstalled everything you mentioned and disabled the wear app which they asked me to roll back to the original app on the device.  I then updated the wear app as I could not go any further.  It installed all other required apps.   Did this 2 times and still not working. Super battery drain continues 

Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It's' looks like this solution worked 🙂 Thanks. Will see later it appeared or not 🙂

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Nice

0 Likes
user0QqSVsXrd8
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've tried the uninstall and reinstall. I even went as far as factory reset on both S9+ and Gear S2 and still the transfer service keeps popping up nthe watch doesn't last more than a couple of hours. Phone and watch get hot. 

It was good for a couple of hours but randomly started getting notifications and a flashing icon in my status bar. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried uninstalling and trying the device without re-installing on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
acmoo1964
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I performed the specified steps, but the Samsung Accessory Service is still running...when I go to the Samsung App website and the Google Play Store, it shows that the app is "Not compatible with my equipment"...why then is it on my Samsung s8+ ? it also drains my G3 watch battery so much that it only lasts about 14 hours using a minimal watch face with only 3 notifications running: texts, weather, and email...Did Samsung push out an update in June that killed my "old" equipment to try and force me to buy new? I'm running Android 9.0 which ATT pushed out in June...also, Google forced an update on me that included Covid-19 GPS application that I do not use (but cannot remove)...

0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You can't uninstall the watch wearable app on a Galaxy S7 it only lets you disable or force stop so I conted samsung and they said to try unpairing the watc and the re_pairing it and then resart your phone and that worked for me.

0 Likes
userkmmq5D5CrC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I deleted,I reset,I restarted,

I reinstalled and still shows the same message.

Help please.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried clearing the data and cache? Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Samsung Accessory Service > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. Restart Phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_6Mb2z9A
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

same thing just started happening with my note 10 plus and gear s3 frontier. have cleared cache, data and cleared data cache on phone. uninstalled and reinstalled with restarting phone in-between. pop-up keeps coming up. this is new! i am on my phone all the time and i would have noticed it coming up at random times before. it just started within the past week. it is very annoying.