Original topic:

Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait

(Topic created: 07-09-2020 07:50 PM)
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I have Samsung S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier.  I have an issue when I have a working connection between these my items:

After a new android update on mine S8+ I started to get a notification which I cannot turn off. And I do not know what it is trying to do. The notification is not a big deal, but I notice that what my phone and watch discharges very fast. Before my watch takes around 3days, now just a 12h...

"Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait"

2019-04-04 21.33.55.jpg

Samsung_cgg074
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Samsung_6Mb2z9A wrote:

same thing just started happening with my note 10 plus and gear s3 frontier. have cleared cache, data and cleared data cache on phone. uninstalled and reinstalled with restarting phone in-between. pop-up keeps coming up. this is new! i am on my phone all the time and i would have noticed it coming up at random times before. it just started within the past week. it is very annoying.

Same thing just started on my Note 10 Plus 5G with my Active 2 watch. This never happened before!!!

In fact, is the first time I've seen this Samsung Accessory Service app.

Phone and watch gets hot.

And that notification is constantly appearing and reappearing.

Can I delete this Accessory app??

I reinstalled the Wear app, even did a reset on my watch.

0 Likes
Samsung_cgg074
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Screenshot_20200704-215805_Google Play Store.jpg

Ok, this is weird.

I have it installed in my device, but when I looked for it online, the link to Google Play showed this.

I will uninstall it then.

0 Likes
user3xOD6sC5EP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I know there was a new update to the Galaxy Wear app a few days ago and a update to my Galaxy Note a few weeks ago and I think it started after one of the updates.

0 Likes
userR2BpLpltwy
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The bigger problem here IMHO is that this keeps happening... Samsung needs to get their act straight and fix this Accessory Service so it stops corrupting updates which seems to then cause this issue. It happens to me about 2x per year and each time I have to go through a number of steps (the uninstall/reinstall doesn't always do it the first time) and then you have to deal with setting your watch face up again (it may remember the watch faces but the backup doesn't remember the specific settings you had on it in my case (color changes, etc)). So the "solution" listed here is not a solution it is a bandaid!!!!! Samsung fix this once and for all!!!!

userR2BpLpltwy
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Ok well, I can confirm the latest update (from 7/2/20 or 7/4/20) appears to be the problem (which is similar to prior updates). I have now tried to get this issue resolved (again) doing all of the steps I used to do when this issue occured (clearing cache, data, removing, rebooting, installing again, etc, etc,) and nothing is working other than putting phone into Airplane mode, turning off, or just not connecting the watch to the phone via bluetooth. Which makese the watch useless for what is was purchased for. I even completely removed the app from phone, then while watch was not connected to phone did reset of it, and tried like it was a brand new watch and it still has this problem (and all of this happens PRIOR to me doing a restore of my backup so it isn't a corrupt backup).

Samsung quality control of this app (Wearable app and the plugin/accessory service) is horrible as I noted this happens a lot (multiple times a year). Please fix this ASAP. I see folks commenting on the Play Store as well so it appears to be a bad update.

userJ7TvSCVn4k
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem!  You need it so you shouldn't uninstall because it looks like we won't be able to reinstall... been chatting with Samsung, & so far not helping... has no clue what I'm talking about.... SO FRUSTRATING

0 Likes
userJ7TvSCVn4k
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Samsung_cgg074 Did it still work ok after you uninstalled? Samsung told me to contact the developers, they told me the plugin is for those without a Samsung & told me to contact Samsung... so they are just sending me back & forth. Interested to know if I can just uninstall then & still have everything work fine...

0 Likes
Samsung_cgg074
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userJ7TvSCVn4k

I uninstalled everything, Gear app, plugins and the accessory app. 

Cleared Cache.

Restarted the phone.

Installed the wear app, and it automatically installed the plugins and the accessory app.

Today I received a new update to the Gear app, hope it fixes that.

I haven't noticed any battery drainage so far in neither one of the two devices (phone and watch). Fingers crossed.

userJ7TvSCVn4k
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Samsung_cgg074 

Thank you!  Maybe I'll just wait til I get the next update as well... appreciate your response

0 Likes
userJ7TvSCVn4k
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Got another update, didn't fix the issue.  Contacted samsung, told me to contact the developers.... contacted the samsung developers, told me to contact samsung.  I will never buy another samsung product again, neither will my husband or anyone in my family.

0 Likes