Original topic:

Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait

(Topic created: 04-15-2019 10:24 AM)
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I have Samsung S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier.  I have an issue when I have a working connection between these my items:

After a new android update on mine S8+ I started to get a notification which I cannot turn off. And I do not know what it is trying to do. The notification is not a big deal, but I notice that what my phone and watch discharges very fast. Before my watch takes around 3days, now just a 12h...

"Samsung Accessory Service Transferring file please wait"

2019-04-04 21.33.55.jpg

54 Replies
userHPZ8kzzOXX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I received the same issue on the galaxy s7 edge.  It is installed and the link shows not compatible.  

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey, give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Samsung Accessory Service > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

0 Likes
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried. The same issue happening.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you tried a soft reset?

0 Likes
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

All phone reset or what?

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Turning the phone off and on again.

0 Likes
Mantas89
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Of course I did. My phone and watch was restared many times

0 Likes
thiagopikcius
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy Watch S3. 

The message just won't go away.

Screenshot_20190415-093305_Instagram.jpg

0 Likes
userHPZ8kzzOXX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have factory reset the Gear S2.  I deleted all or uninstalled all gear related apps on my S7 Edge inlcuding rolling back the gear wearable app.  I cleared cache on the S7 edge.  I installed the watch to my S9+ and all works fine.  The problem is I need it to work on my wife's S7 edge.   i reinstalled it to her phone and the transferring file.. please wait continues to flash.  Sometimes for a quick second and disappears and then it comes back for a bit longer.  All the while, the phone continues to get hotter and battery drains super fast.  

0 Likes
Solution
userEjORq0fghJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The exact same thing started happening to me today.

I contacted Samsung Customer Service and the rep was able to resolve my issue.  

He said that some updates might've gotten corrupted because they didn't install correctly.

That's why my phone was continually trying to transfer updates to my watch.

I had to reinstall the Wear App, which reinstalled the Plug In and Accessory Service.

This allowed 5 updates to get installed correctly and stop the transferring file notifications!

For good measure, I also restarted my phone and rebooted my watch during the process.