JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification Keeps Notifying me on my S3 Frontier

(Topic created: 03-09-2018 08:49 AM)
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Anyone Else getting this Notification Continuosly on their S3 Frontier

<< Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>

It happens everytime my watch switches connections BT, Wifi etc. I've logged in to my Samsung account no new privacy policy to verify or digitaly sign. and the link  cant even be clicked on through the S3 watch. You also cant send it to the phone and you cant block the app thats generating notification.

Attached a pic also

114 Replies
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi @userAhEFx4DVGO. Thank you for posting. Did any of the steps above assist you?

0 Likes
userAhEFx4DVGO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No, a tried many times to reset watch even using different Samsung accounts with the same result , every time y try remote connection using WiFi I can't connect and I receive the message to verify the account on my watch

0 Likes
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for that information, @userAhEFx4DVGO. Can you share with us if you have a US device and what the model number and baseband version is?

0 Likes
userAhEFx4DVGO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Model sm-r765a 

Soft ver.  R765AUCU2CQL1

KNOX VER 2.2.0

hope that helps

0 Likes
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for providing that, @userAhEFx4DVGO. Your device is all up to date! Were you able to follow the link provided on the message and accept the terms and conditions? 

0 Likes
userAhEFx4DVGO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes I use my phone to enter to that link and  logged in using my Samsung account read the terms of use etc, but but could not find any explicit button or check box to accept the terms, do I missing  something??

0 Likes
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userAhEFx4DVGO, Go to the Settings of your phone > Apps > tap on More (or three vertical dots) in the top right corner > Show system apps. Locate Samsung account > Notifications > select the little switch to disable the notifications for the service. Also know that not agreeing to the terms will prevent you from using that particular feature/service on the phone, until you agree to them. Let me know if this works.

0 Likes
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the inquiry, howver since then I've been given a new watch under warranty and no longer have the issue.

0 Likes
userlZlAN3EHhO
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have that same problem on my gear sport!

0 Likes
OleNewt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello again. So for me I was able to find a fix after many days of frustration. I tried everything on this thread and nothing worked for me. First let me explain my sceniro.

I purchesed the Galaxy Watch from the US, not sure if it matters, I am not currently in the United States. I set up my device to link to my phone and my phone runs off a WiFi puck not cellular service. Inorder for me to get the notification to go away I had to use a VPN on my phone and clear the notification. I am not 100% tech inclined but I think that when I accepted the terms and conditions it was accepting the Untied States terms and conditions not the country the my WiFi is running off of.

If you are having this problem and out of the country you might try a VPN app on your phone, there are plenty out there for free and some cost money. Hope this helps.

0 Likes