JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification Keeps Notifying me on my S3 Frontier

(Topic created: 07-27-2018 06:56 AM)
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Anyone Else getting this Notification Continuosly on their S3 Frontier

<< Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>

It happens everytime my watch switches connections BT, Wifi etc. I've logged in to my Samsung account no new privacy policy to verify or digitaly sign. and the link  cant even be clicked on through the S3 watch. You also cant send it to the phone and you cant block the app thats generating notification.

Attached a pic also

114 Replies
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Jzaz: Thank you so much for sharing 🙂 

0 Likes
userN7BpKBiSQc
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem  gear s3 frontier with S7 edge.... no simple solution yet... keeps popping up... very annoying... spend alot of time searching for a solution.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did you give the troubleshooting steps provided by Jzaz a try?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useracz5Ba3FcQ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello!

I bought a new Gear S3 Classic about a month ago and since first day, I have had the same problem as guys above. I searched and searched many threads, many topics but still no solution.

This problem is not related with having another brand phone, as mentioned above people with Galaxy phones have the same problems, so do I; I own a Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0 and updated every time, did the same with my Gear s3 classic; updated every time.

So this is, as I can see, a problem with software and/or Gear itself. I also logged in via Internet app from my gear (imagine how much I suffered untill I wrote all that info trying to log in -.-) to my Samsung Account on account.samsung.com and added my Gear to Trusted Devices. And Violá! The notification didn't go anywhere, its still there...

It is really frustrating cuz it is a brand new device and having a problem like this is just stupid.

I also tried all the solutions written above, no luck, contacted the services via Samsung Members app on my phone, they said "remove the account from your gear and login again, that should do the magic" but they forgot that you can't just logout from your Samsung Account on your gear, and yep you guessed it; still no luck and this  notification keeps popping up on my Gear S3 Classic.

A company this big shouldn't have these kind of problems, and should have had a solution till now, people have this problem for months, maybe time to work?

0 Likes
usernmVghX7Ks6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem and I read and tryed everyrhing people sayed in this forum...we need an update wich samsung is not providing sadly...maybe we need to start a petition or smth? Otherwise no one will move a finger it seams...I have galaxy note8  with gear 3 frontier and every time my watch connects to wifi I get this stupid notification...I boght the same watch for my father that has a huawei  p20 as phone and he does not get this message...please samsung wake up and solve our issue because to many people are complaining for months now and this is quite pathetic...please stop working on new models and fix first the ones we paid for because its frustrating to keep cancelling 100 times a day the same notification after I payed 350$ for a brand new watch that was suposed to work perfectly, again please solve it our send us refunds!

userzthrRD4iAw
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The same for me, very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
usergsTB2d6Mbi
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Something happening here!! Note 8 verizon S3LTE!

0 Likes
userH1umUilP8N
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had his problem with my S7 and Gear Sport combo. I have removed the Samsung account from my phone, downgraded the Samsung Gear app on my phone to its original version by removing the application upgrades and deleted the data files, logged in to the samsang account webpage and logged out explicitely and I did a full reset of the watch. After that I logged in to my Samsung account and there was the screen with the 3 checkboxes to accept. After that I reinstalled everything by simply turning on the watch and follow the installation procedure and added the Samsung account to my phone again. The annoying message is gone now! I hope this might work for other Samsung users.

0 Likes
userPhKNM29CTa
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Dear problem issue friends,

I found the solution , after day and night trying....

Do you folks have the this annoying message on your s3 gear samsung frontier or classic phone "" << Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>"" ?

The good news is, it is easy to resolve, and i will tell you my story:

I bought the samsung gear s3 classic. So happy and lets put it on, little hard to understand how to skip the first screen, but than i start the phone basic setup..

Keep the setup as simple as possible, the error of the most new watch users is, that they follow the setup fast, setting up time, wifi, etc, and first thing we try is to download samsung apps onto the " Gallery App: option,

Here is where the problem starts...

When we want to start downloading apps immediately, straight form watch, we log in onto the samsung account with our email / pass, and there the error shows up,,,,, SH**,, over an dover again, very frustrating !!!

You want peace now ?
Here it comes...

The error we make, is , to not first install and setup our phone, We must setup the s3 gear watch together with the phone, but FIRST THE PHONE !!!!!!!! Not first the watch !!!

Do it this way:, from the beginning on: exactly as i say: (so, before your start my process, set your watch s3 gear to fabric back),,, now follow exactly my steps, dont do anything with your phone still, first work on the phone !!

Download first of all on your phone, no matter the brand. first the following program:

GALAXY WEARABLE ( find it in your playstore on any phone) (probably you did before, but just do al as i say)

When this is finished, open it, select simply the watch model / size , uausally for the s3 gear models you choose/select the option (left-up in the screen) (watches 42-46mm) )icon.

From here on you are brought to download another application named: GALAXY S PLUGIN.

When this is finished downloading, you wont see any icon on your phone of this GALAXY S PLUGIN, so you feel the download gone wrong,, but its normal, the plugin shows no icon on your phone after installing., just a message its installed correctly.

Well, now, time for the solution; (make sure you do all the steps in this range as I tell you).

Now switch on your S3 gear watch, follow the basic setup (setup time, wife, etc), when the watch looks ready for use....... now switch on bluetooth on your watch.

After this, switch on bluetooth on your phone and choose to connect with your S3 gear device ( if your s3 gear watch in on and you switched on bluetooth it will show up on your phone when you switch on bluetooth on your phone).

Now, your phone and watch will correspondate immediately and,, 
Now, your phone says: " follow setup on your phone" . And yes thats easy, just confirm yes, and yes,,, and most important agree with all samsung terms and conditions (log in with your samsung account email/pass) during the process, When finished this process, just go to " Gallery Apps" on your s3 gear watch and downlaod all apps you want, the annoying messages will not show up anymore.

( if you have no samsung account, simply sign up at https://account.samsung.com )

The point of all, is if you want to setup apps and download apps, even if you login with the right login info at samsung directly and immediately from your s3 gear watch without first installing all samsung wear and plugin and completing the watch to phone setup correctly, it wont work out and keeps showing same SH** message, So, you must first install correctly your phone and do all in the right range before it really works out,

Start first to prepare yoru phone, exactly in the range i said, do it all that way, and it reallt works.

Honestly, to samsung, the phone / apps setup is a drama for average computer and phone users, it would be much more easier from the start on, I think samsung must make their setup / software much more easier and let the phone working easier without the need of any connection with a phone.

I hope you found this useful guys, sorry for my poor english,

Any questions, just leave a post an di reply asap. And,, it would be cool too, if this resolved your problem, please confirm it too here on the forum, that would be great !

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userPhKNM29CTa; Thank you for posting! We appreciate your contribution. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes