JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification Keeps Notifying me on my S3 Frontier

(Topic created: 12-13-2018 05:35 PM)
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Anyone Else getting this Notification Continuosly on their S3 Frontier

<< Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>

It happens everytime my watch switches connections BT, Wifi etc. I've logged in to my Samsung account no new privacy policy to verify or digitaly sign. and the link  cant even be clicked on through the S3 watch. You also cant send it to the phone and you cant block the app thats generating notification.

Attached a pic also

114 Replies
Carlos_7538
Galaxy
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Ok Samsung, you've updated your terms and conditions, I've logged in and accepted them. Why are you still plaguing me daily with the T&C's changes on the watch?

Turn it off already, makes your system appear stupid.

0 Likes
userIhKU9M8kFW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have done the same thing. Resetting the gear on its own and then even logging out of my account on the phone  and logging back in along with resetting the gear as well. Still getting the message.  Obviously this is an ongoing issue on a larger scale. 

0 Likes
OleNewt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, I purchased the new Galaxy Watch as well and am having the same issue. I am not sure what the deal is. I tried doing everything on this fourm that was mentions. I am new to whole smart watch stuff, however I am a long time samsung owner. Obvioulsy nobody has found a work around and Samsung has not fixed the problem. The only thing i have not tried is to block the notificatis. I am going to try that I guess and see. It is stupid that we have to block notifications on the watch, seeing that is one of the huge perks of the watch. Clicking th link gets you nowhere. resetting the watch gets you nowhere. uninstalling and starting at ground zero... nothing.

0 Likes
userIhKU9M8kFW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Delete the gear wearable app on your phone. When you reinstall it amd start again, messages will stop. I did this 24 hours ago and i am no longer receiving those messages.
0 Likes
QuarterLife
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am getting the exact same problem with my Gear S3,. It made Smartthings unusable as the message would pop up every time and it would continue to spin forever in the background, so I factory reset thinking that might fix it and now it's keeping me from disabling the reactivation lock meaning my watch is a brick.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userFoIardLUG have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps in this thread?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
QuarterLife
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes, I've factory reset the watch twice now and uninstalled/reinstalled all apps, I've also reset my samsung account password while on phone with two different support agents and they've left me at "the watch is locked and must be sent in", despite the fact that I was affected by this before reactivation was even a factor here.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What type of device are you using with your Gear S3?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
QuarterLife
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

A Note 9 on the One UI Beta. I also tried with a OnePlus One on what I beleive is Android N just to see if it was an issue with my phone or not.

On the watch I am able to use it without connecting it to a phone. If I follow through with that it asks me to sign into Wi-Fi on the watch and then log into my Samsung account (because of the lock). If I do so, I am presented with a screen that says exactly:

The Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information, then sign in again. http://account.samsung.com/

Of course, going there does nothing as there's nothing to accept. Clicking the only button presented (OK) takes me back to the login screen leaving my watch bricked.
On either phone, attempting to add the watch fails with "Unable to unlock device. Try again?"

The watch worked earlier today and I only reset because I was getting the terms and condition notification when trying to use Smartthings.

0 Likes
userpuBsa8KZDM
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

using a brand new galaxy watch 46mm SM-R800 and a A7   SM-A730F/DS

i have the same problem, but i noticed some things.

i believe that the watch itselft cant connect to my samsung account, but my phone can, heres why.

1- during setup the final step is to look for an backup in the samsung cloud for the watch, this search always fail.

2- i get the everlasting notification to accept the new terms and conditions and policys but if i follow the link theres none to be accepted

3- i can download apps to my watch from my phone but cant download directly from my watch as it asks for me to verify my account

this led me to believe that the phone fails to get my samsung account right, heres what i tried so far with no sucess

1- changed my samsung acc password for a simpler one(no special characters)

2- restored the watch and paired it again multiple times

3- created a new samsung account, making sure to accept all terms and privacy policies as well as verifiyng with the link in the email. after that changing to this new account in my phone and then restoring the watch and and starting from scratch

none of this worked, theres no doubt in my mind that this is a software related fault not a user related one.

0 Likes