JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification Keeps Notifying me on my S3 Frontier

(Topic created: 12-26-2018 07:20 AM)
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Anyone Else getting this Notification Continuosly on their S3 Frontier

<< Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>

It happens everytime my watch switches connections BT, Wifi etc. I've logged in to my Samsung account no new privacy policy to verify or digitaly sign. and the link  cant even be clicked on through the S3 watch. You also cant send it to the phone and you cant block the app thats generating notification.

Attached a pic also

114 Replies
usernS56jY4Tq5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yep, signed in and out, deleted and reinstalled, reset, resarted and restored....nothing works!! 

I get the notification AT LEAST 8 times an hour!!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@usernS56jY4Tq5 Thank you for updating us!

I would like to offer service for your device, in order for us to proceed we will need to collect the below information for the service.

First and Last Name
Full Property Address (Not a P.O. Box)
Email address
Phone number
Alternative contact number
15 Digit IMEI Number
Model Number

Can you send me a private message here with the above information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usernS56jY4Tq5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I sent this info as requested 3 hours ago, and in that time, ive had the notification pop up another 19 times!!! 

0 Likes
userFeulCDYWPE
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing on my S3 Classic. It was starting act up when using the Map My Run app. So I did a factory reset.  Watch connects to my Samsung account, it will not connect to my phone. I've only had one Samsung account and my current phone is the only one the watch has ever been connected to. My watch works excellent in the standalone mode. Just won't connect to my phone. So I sent my watch in to get it unlocked at Samsung. They will not unlock it unless they can put in a new PBA. The Samsung service department is a total joke. Why would I need new parts for a perfectly operational watch? Huh, a mystery. All I wanted is for them to unlock the watch, not rebuild me a new one. <edit>

0 Likes
userjGXwaLBkvT
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I went to accounts.samsung and signed in under every country and accepted the terms and conditions for every country, a 2 hour or so process. I no longer get the never ending notification about the terms and conditions, nor the privacy policy. But, on my Gear S3, I select Settings>Account and backup>Samsung account it still shows that stupid terms and conditions and privacy policy. So, although I don't get the menautinous notification, my watch is still showing the terms and conditions and privacy policy under my Samsung account and Galaxy App> three dots>My Account. My phone will connect to my watch. I can chack my RAM on the watch via the Gear Wearable app, and clean the RAM as well as the Storage. I can locate my watch under Find My Watch. I can install apps to my watch, but the apps will not "talk" to my phone. There is still a problem with Samsung's reactivation software, and I think it has something to do with the terms and conditions bug that Samsung created. Only have one, and have only ever had one Samsung account. Have tried every supposed solution listed on here, still no remedy. Why can I not send my watch in, pay the unlocking fee and Samsung send my watch back? Seems pretty simple to me. Tried that route, they said they cannot do that unless they replace the battery and PBA. Seems fishy to me. Like they caused this problem and are not willing to come clean about them maybe messing something up with their update.

0 Likes
user5lCvmufURu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue here with SM-R765T. The message keeps coming up and it tells you to go to the link to read and accept but there  is NO place in your samsung account to accept anything. Reset does not help. Once cleard it will come back again and again.

0 Likes
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, @user5lCvmufURu. were you able to try the steps above? 

0 Likes
user5lCvmufURu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungAaronwrote:

Hi, @user5lCvmufURu. were you able to try the steps above? 

No as i'm using my gear with a LG phone and there's no Samsung Account app

0 Likes
user5lCvmufURu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I guess another annoying thing to live with on the Gear S3

0 Likes
SamsungIssac
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user5lCvmufURu

You should be able to create a Samsung account through our website and once you sign into it, it shouldn't happen anymore. Once you've done this let me know how that works out for you! As always, thanks for your patience in this matter. We really appreciate it! 

0 Likes