JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification Keeps Notifying me on my S3 Frontier

(Topic created: 04-30-2019 07:43 AM)
Kaiser
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Anyone Else getting this Notification Continuosly on their S3 Frontier

<< Samsung Account Terms and Conditions Notification and the Privacy policy have been updated. Use the link below to read and accept the legal information , then sign in again at Http://account.samsung.com >>

It happens everytime my watch switches connections BT, Wifi etc. I've logged in to my Samsung account no new privacy policy to verify or digitaly sign. and the link  cant even be clicked on through the S3 watch. You also cant send it to the phone and you cant block the app thats generating notification.

Attached a pic also

114 Replies
Docmarmo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing happening to me but with only one of my S3 gears, my Verizon Classic Verizon RM775V, when I try to backup I get the terms and conditions popping up each time and the calculating data stsy infinitely in the gear app. However I have no issue with my S3 Frontier WiFi version, backs up fine  Don't get it and Samsung asked me to submit a log file which I did and never heard back... They obviously have no idea what causing the issue.  On a Note 9 running PIE .. 

0 Likes
Steeeve
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Bah came here looking for a solution to a many months long issue and only learn samsung is ignoring the issue. Factory reset, seriously?! Remove the account, again seriously?? Just get your programmers disabling that obviously bugged notification! You shouldn't expect customers to jump through hoops for something NO ONE WILL READ ANYWAY.

Note 10 & S3 Watch

userrVCVwIclmX
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I would love to accept the terms... problem is I NEVER GET THE OPTION...

I used my S3 Frontier for months without issue, one day after an update or something I guess it started popping up the terms notification. 

Clicking on the link at the bottom of the notification does nothing but open the Samsung account website on my phone.  It goes to the main page where my only choices are to log in to my account or create a new account, Never does it say anything about needing to accept terms.

I have logged countless hours scouring the internet for a solution to this problem with no luck.... Including trying everything people have posted in this thread multiple times over......

I stopped wearing my S3 Frontier all together for months figuring that an update or something would be released soon to resolve this issue, but here I am, back in this same thread only to see that there has been no update to fix the issue and it looks like Samsung is just ignoring it altogether.... Back on the shelf the watch goes, what a waste of money. I will no longer recommend Samsung products to anyone.

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Best of luck to everyone with this issue, I give up.

userTzCewoAvT3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have also tried the recomdations from support and the issue continues. I agree with the others in saying that they need to stop makeing the customer jump through hoops and actually fix the issue.

0 Likes
userLi6UxXolqq
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue here!!

I tried the recomendation, but the notification keeps

Please Samsung Fix this problem!!

0 Likes
userG8Oo3akGOK
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The solution is not normal and it doesnt work either. Samsung please disable this notification behaviour. There is NO TERMS NO POLICY to accept...

Ron0968
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Change your samsung password...  resign in and accept the same said legal notice! Thank me later! 

0 Likes
Docmarmo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Well that doesn't work... Changed password & even tried 2 step verification & still the problem persists... 

userg7UTgLj7Rm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

DON'T RESET YOUR WATCH TO FACTORY ... IT IS A LONG, HARD ROAD GETTING IT BACK!  If that is even possible.

Holy smokes is this a pain!  Nothing, and I MEAN ***NOTHING*** is straight forward.  There is ***NOTHING*** intuitive.

If this continues it may be time for another brand.  Reset the watch ... finally found that I needed to pair it ... says it is restoring from backup ... couldn't connect with Samsung Cloud ... go figure.  My Gear number could not be activated ... I have to call a 800 number for Verizon ... they are closed.  Bypass that.  Can't find my original free watch face.

What a pain!

OH ... a notice ... my terms and conditions have changed!  Dear GOD all that work and it did not fix it.

Deleted the Samsung account.  Hmmm.  Why do I need a Samsung account anyway?

Better log in anyway.  Logged in.  Agreed to terms and conditions.  Looked at watch.  The terms and conditions notification is there.  Clear that.

Go look for a restore ... still cannot connect to Samsung Cloud.

The notice is back ... about a minute to its return.

Go to smile.Amazon.com and start looking for a new watch.

0 Likes
user7omGpoyBTG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had a similar problem which seemed to have occurred immediately after a Samsung Wearables update I implemented today.  I started to receive a persistent notification (only from my watch) about accepting the T & Cs for my Samsung Account.  I did what almost everyone did on this forum with no effect.  However, I also noticed that my watch would not access the Verzion network when the Bluetooth and WiFi was disconnected.  I called VZW support, and long story made short, she asked me to do a hard reset on the watch.  She asked me to press the Home/Power button on the lower right side, select Power Off.  Wait for it to completely power down and then press and hold the same button again until you see it say "...rebooting."  After we did this, service returned, and I was able to access all of the Samsung Services again like Restore (for the watch) which was not working during this issue.  So, if you have tried the other suggestions and they were not working, you want want to try this and see if it kicks your watch in rear-end.

0 Likes